12 Unforgettable Middle School Girl Trends

#regrets

237
Buzzfeed

Middle school, aka everybody's less-than-prime days, had some interesting trends that literally everyone followed. Middle school is a time when you are figuring yourself out so you'll do anything to fit in. As a result, you made some questionable fashion and life decisions. I think it's a general consensus that we can all thank God we aren't in middle school anymore.

1. The fashion trifecta: Abercrombie and Fitch, Aeropostale, and Hollister.

If you wanted to be cool in middle school, you wore one of these three brands. You probably spent most of your time begging your parents to buy your clothes from here. If you couldn't convince them, you were lucky if your older siblings wore them and you could snag their hand-me-downs.

2. Ugg boots and North Faces.

A fashion gem from the middle school handbook that was super popular with girls. Everyone's Christmas lists basically had the same thing on them: a North Face jacket and a pair of Ugg boots. So, like, I totally think my mom bought me chestnut Uggs for Christmas, but not a blue North Face. Ugh, my life sucks.

3. Silly Bandz.

Silly Bandz were plastic animal-shaped bracelets that lined mostly everyone's wrists. Coming in different varieties, from zoo animals to sea creatures, the more you had, the better. Stray Silly Bandz lined most middle school hallways.

4. Gauchos.

Gauchos were a staple for middle school girls for some reason. They were like the pre-yoga pants. If you were super stylish you wore an awesome poncho with your gauchos.

5. Etnies and Adidas shell toes.

So many middle school boys and girls rocked these. They were basically the Abercrombie of middle school footwear. These sneakers didn't look good with anything but jeans, yet middle schoolers rocked them with basically every outfit.

6. AIM Messenger.

Not gonna lie, I kind of wanna bring this one back. Most middle schoolers hopped right onto AIM after school to talk to their friends that they literally just saw. Countless hours were spent crafting the perfect away message. Even more hours were spent designing your profile. What's up, Smarter Child?

7. The hair bump.

This look was easy to achieve. As for being stylish? Not so much.

8. Polos with a lace camisole underneath.

If you were wearing a polo, it was preferred if it was from either Abercrombie, Aeropostale or Hollister. To complete the look, you added a lace camisole underneath. Just make sure you pull the camisole awkwardly far down so everyone knows you're wearing one.

9. Jean skirts.

Jean skirts, a fashion faux pas that no adult would ever be caught wearing, were uber cool to middle school girls. "Hey, what are you wearing to the dance on Friday night?" "Uhm, I think my jean skirt with my pink Abercrombie polo."

10. Wearing ribbons on your ponytail.

I am absolutely guilty of doing this and used to have a bag full of different ribbons that I would wear every day. It really only makes sense for a cheerleader to wear a ribbon in her hair, but for some reason, middle schoolers loved to do it.

11. Tracksuits.

Track suits were usually bought at Aeropostale, but if you were super cool you had a Juicy Couture tracksuit. Yeah, velvet jumpsuits look so good...

12. Tank tops over another shirt.

This is my all time favorite middle school trend. You totally cheated the dress code and still got to wear your favorite tank top. That tank top over your short sleeved, graphic Hollister t-shirt? Fashion brilliance.