12 Things I Wish I Had Time For, But Don't. | The Odyssey Online

12 Things I Wish I Had Time For, But Don't.

If I'm not busy, I'm doing things like folding laundry or shoving food into my face.

142
Dreams Time

For the last two years, I've been going to college full time with the luxury of not having to work. This semester I've decided that, since I'm only taking one class, I can take on a few hours of work each week. Now that my schedule is full with school, work, a new running habit, and new girls in the house, I'm finding myself wishing I had more time to do a few things.

1. Make a smoothie. A few of the girls in the house have been making some really nice looking smoothies for breakfast in the mornings. I wish I could do that! Too bad I'm busy hustling off to class or to go running with my very best friend.

2. Paint my nails. I always see girls with really nice nails from the salon and instantly get jealous. They're so cute, with their sparkly glitter ring finger! For weeks and weeks I'll keep telling myself that tonight is the night to paint my nails! And then it never happens. If I'm not busy studying or with friends, I'm doing things like folding laundry or shoving food into my face.

3. Fix my nails if I mess them up. Sometimes I'll actually get around to painting my nails. Usually they end up ruined because I didn't let them dry enough before I moved my laundry over or washed my hands. BOOOO.

4. Go back to crossfit. I used to take crossfit as a class for credit and I had a love/hate relationship with it. I hated walking into the box, but loved walking out. Some days, I wish I could go back.

5. Record my lectures and actually have time to listen to them. Back in the day, I used to record my lectures from all of my classes. The only trouble is that I never had time to actually listen to them or comb through them to find the part I was confused about.

6. Clean out my old t-shirt drawer. There are a few shirts in that drawer that aren't mine and I'm not sure where they came from. It's concerning.

7. Watch all the Harry Potter movies. Wouldn't everybody love to watch all the HP movies in one day? Too bad I never have a free day for that. It's also too bad that my mom has all the movies and she lives in Boise.

8. Go through my facebook friends list and delete all the people I don't actually know. It's pretty creepy, if you think about it. Some random person is reading my article right now, directly from my news feed, and I don't even know them. Awkward.

9. Vacuume my car. I wish I could say that my car was sparkling clean all the time, but it's not. If I had all the time in the world, it would be, though! I have all of the good intentions.

10. Cook a crock pot meal. For all intents and purposes, the crock pot was a wonderful invention. It's so simple, you just buy the ingredients, dump them in, and turn the pot on. Sometimes you might have to stir it, but for the most part, it's pretty easy. However, you do have to go to the store, wake up earlier to chop veggies and meat, put it all together, and maybe arrange coming home in the middle of the day to check on it.

11. Buy stamps. I wrote a letter to my friend 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten around to buying stamps. I hope she'll forgive me.

12. Read a book. Pleasure reading is a thing of the past, I'm pretty sure.

After writing this, I'm not sure if I'm busy or if I'm actually lazy. It's all about the priorities, friend! What are some things you wish you had time for, but don't?