12 Things To Thank Your Dog For | The Odyssey Online

12 Things To Thank Your Dog For

My buddy, my pal

3
12 Things To Thank Your Dog For

There are many things we need to thank our dogs for, so how do we know where to begin? I've had my dog for 5 years now and I find there are many things to thank her for, none of which she'll ever be able to understand (whose bright idea was it to make dogs not understand english, huh?!). I'd like to think I show her in my actions though, like through belly rubs and kisses. With that being said, let us discuss 12 things you should thank you dog for...

1. Always being the first to greet you, whether it be in the morning, the afternoon, the evening, or as soon as you get out of the bathroom. It doesn't matter how long you've spent apart, they're always right there to say hello when you get back.

2. Teaching you, as a human, to forgive people but not necessarily forget what happened. For instance, don't sit too close to the table because inevitably the newspaper will fall on you but still coming to give you a kiss because it wasn't done on purpose (right?).

3. Being your shoulder to cry on. Well, maybe not your shoulder but they always seem to find their way onto your lap and lick away the tears.

4. Making sure they always lick all the sweat off after a good workout - dogs must really like salty things.

5. Always letting you know when there is a vicious killer at the door (like the mailman for example) and barking in plenty of time so we can all hide from him.

6. Always making sure the floor is spotless, after all, you never know when someone important might be coming over.

7. Keeping everyone on their toes when it comes to any kind of food dogs cannot eat. Speaking of which...

8. Making sure everyone is well versed on things that dogs can and cannot eat, and assuring anybody who comes over knows that same.

9. Always keeping the neighbors in check. If the dog doesn't get a carrot, the dog doesn't like you. If the dog doesn't like you, we don't like you. Simple as that.

10. For always being the best listener...it's not like they have much of a choice, but still, they listen well.

11. For always dragging you out to go for a walk and keeping you somewhat in shape

12. And lastly, for always being your best friend..unconditionally..after all, there is no better friend than your dog