12 Things That Will Make the Perfect Nighttime Routine | The Odyssey Online

12 Things That Will Make the Perfect Nighttime Routine

Enjoy your night in

15
unisci24

Having the perfect nighttime routine is essential to college students. It helps you wind down and helps you fall asleep easier. If you have a stressful day, this will be the list to read.

1. Go for a run

Running while the sun is setting is the perfect way to start your nighttime routine. If you are not into running try yoga or another outdoor activity. Or just simply watch the sun set outside.

2. Light some candles

Ladies, we all know Bath and Body Works candles are the candles to light. Having a nice fragrance fill the air is just lovely on a night in. And the dim lighting from candles is relaxing as well.

3. Use bath products you won’t normally use.

Try a sugar scrub or bath bomb when in the shower or bath. They smell great and do wonders for the body.

4. Play a relaxing playlist.

On Spotify there are thousands of relaxing playlists to choose from. This will go perfectly with a soothing bath.

5. Have sheets that are fresh out of the dryer

Nothing is more satisfying than warm washed sheets waiting to be slept in. After a shower, warm sheets are going to be your best friend.

6. Apply a face mask.

Face masks just freshen up the face. They are also fun to apply with friends. If you take a bath, apply it before, and you kill two birds with one stone. My favorite ones are from Sephora and they’re affordable too!

7. Moisturize your skin.

Although using a nighttime cream may be frightening for when you’re young, it will do wonders for your skin. Whether it’s a face cream or a body butter, moisturizing is crucial for your skin, especially if you shaved.

8. Put your phone and laptop away.

Having your group chat blow up is something that you don’t want to deal with in your relaxing nighttime routine. With your phone being away, you can clearly think. Other than playing music, your phone should have no other use.

9. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.

I find painting my nails relaxing. Doing it at home also saves you money and time. So next time you’re at the store, pick out a fun color to paint your nails with during a night in.

10. Have a bottle of ice cold water by your bedside table.

I love drinking ice cold water before bed and placing it bedside is convenient. You’ll also have it for when you wake up in the morning.

11. Change into a nice pair of pajamas. Finding the ultimate pair of pajamas is practically like finding your soulmate. Slipping into your best pair of pajamas will make you feel incredible and probably cute at the same time.

12. Plan out what you will do the next day or rest of the week.

Having a goal for the week is important. Having plans makes life a bit easier too. Using a planner is helpful or if you’re like me, just having a mental calendar in your head is useful.