12 Things All Business Majors Know To Be True

It's the best major...

208
RenewCancelTV.com

Whether you're a management, marketing, economics, finance, or accounting major, there are a few things all business majors can relate to.

1.You either love accounting or you hate it.

It’s not a cop out, some people just understand GAAP and credits and debits way better than others. If you struggle in this area, you still try really hard, but you recognize that your strengths rest in other areas.

2. While your Liberal Arts friends are slaving away at long papers, you’re preparing a PowerPoint, with a team of three other people.

Typical conversations with your English major friends go as follows:

English Major: “I have to read two books and write a 60 page paper by the end of the week.”

You: “Oh yeah, I have a lot to do too…(internally plan to go veg out and watch 5 episodes of your favorite show.)

3. The further you go in Business classes, the more you realize how much truth is in “The Office.”

Your Organization and Management class is basically a bunch of “what not to dos.” In other words, you just picture Michael Scott and his unprofessional antics.

4. You’re usually dressed more professionally than your friends.

You’re constantly asked why you’re so dressed up. You’re like, “I like it, OK!” You’d prefer suit coats or pencil skirts to sweat pants and chacos most days.

5. You make Excel sheets for fun.

You readily volunteer to make spreadsheets for your family’s pantry or your personal schedule.You also know how to use Excel and are aware of how amazing it is.

6. You use business tactics in all aspects of your life.

Since your freshman year, you’ve learned skills and tactics to make you more effective in interviews and daily conversation.

7. You feel like you should understand topics on economics better than you do.

Unless you’re specifically an economics major, chances are, you’re no expert. However, you’ve taken quite a few classes on the subject, yet, when an economic topic comes up, you don’t always feel up to snuff on the latest issues.

8. You love schedules and planners.

You picked your major for a reason. You might not be a stickler about being on time, but you do appreciate knowing way ahead of time when assignments are due.

9. You get really frustrated when events or organizations are blatantly inefficient.

It’s like nails on a chalkboard when things take longer than they need to. Also, when things aren’t organized or set up well, you do everything you can to keep from verbally exploding a bunch of time management theories.

10. After every semester, you feel like you’ve been taught more information than you can possibly retain.

You feel like you’re under a high pressure waterfall of facts and terms, and then you start your summer internship and it all makes sense.

11. Your workload is relatively light until it’s not.

Most classes are fairly light, and then all of the sudden, you have a paper, a presentation and an exam in each of three different classes. (Not an exaggeration)

12. You know if you don't have an internship, your college education is a waste.

There are a lot of business majors out there. You've got to set your self apart with actual experience.

13. You have a lot of pride in your major.

Business classes are probably not the most exciting classes you’ve ever taken. However, you’re really excited for your future. While you might eventually need a Master’s degree, you know your degree will take you far, and that your opportunities are endlessly diverse.