12 Reasons Why Texas Is The Best

12 Reasons Why Texas Is The Best

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas." -Davy Crockett

9188
12 Reasons Why Texas Is The Best
lonestarsuccess.com

Everything is bigger and better in Texas, right? Out of the million reasons Texas is the best state, here are the top reasons why!

1. The absolutely BEAUTIFUL landscapes

Because of its large scale, it contains four different types of geographies: the Gulf Coastal plains, East Texas Timbers, Great green plains in Central Texas, and West Texas mountains. How many other states can say the have so many different types of beautiful and diverse terrain. Not many. Also, there is nothing just quite like a Texas sunset.

2. That proud Texan pride

People in Texas just have that tough swagger about them, and a lot of people think Texan egos are overrated. A lot of it can be given credit to the awesome history the state has. Texas has had six different nations flag fly over it, the heroic and brave Battle at the Alamo, and was at one point its own country. That's right. Don't mess with Texas.

3. Tasty Texas sweet tea

This sugary, sweet goodness is a blessing from above and other states just do not make it the same.

4. That pretty color of red all over Texas when it comes to politics

The majority of Texas are wise and conservative in their political views. Texas has one of the lowest tax rates and no state income tax, so that means Texas citizens are getting to keep their hard earned dollars. Cannot forget about our guns either, being open carry a Texan can feel safe. For example, knowing that if there is any terroristic threat it can be shut down almost immediately by bad ass armed Texas citizens.

5. Greg Abbott

All traditional and conservative Texans share a similar love for their awesome governor. He stands by the constitution and protects our states' rights! He shows true Texan pride when he discusses his marriage with his Hispanic wife, Cecelia, "The story of my family is as old as the story of Texas itself: the uniting of cultures to create one unique people, Texans."

6. Blue freaking Bell and all of its delicious glory

Brenham-based blue bell was closed for four months and for Texans, like myself... this was the longest four months of our lives. Amazing flavors like Cookies'n'Cream, Rocky Road, Dutch Chocolate and the classic Homemade Vanilla were missed and God blessed Texas once again when they were back on the shelf.

7. The economy and great job market outlook

Major cities in Texas, like Houston and Dallas, are poppin' when it comes to finding employment compared to other cities in America. In 2014, Texas' gross state product was the second highest in the U.S. and greater than the GSPs of Australia and South Korea. As long as the liberals don't come try and change anything, there is a bright future in living in Texas.

8. The food

Barbecue, steak, Tex-Mex, chili, chicken fried steak (or anything fried), and pecan pie are a short list out of all the good cookin' done in Texas.

9. As hard as it is to believe, the Texas humidity is actually a good thing

Even though it feels like breathing through water at times, makes hair frizzy, and fogs up glasses, Texas humidity has a huge plus side. It is actually good for your skin and keeps it looking younger, longer! People in dry states are prone to get more wrinkles while in Texas the moisture in the air helps keep Texans looking young.

10. Dr Pepper (a.k.a the greatest soda ever)

This awesome soda was first made in Waco, Texas and will forever be a classic American soda. In Dublin, TX there a rockin' Dr. Pepper museum where you can even make your own soda! No shocker that the greatest soda was created in the greatest state...

11. The beautiful people inside and out

Texas has the most humble, hospitable, generous, friendly, kind people in this great country. As long as you don't try and change our values and how we do things around here, you will be sure to enjoy the true Texan southern hospitality. As for the physical side of beauty, you know what they say about Texas women? Beyonce, your welcome for being the birthplace to the queen of pop. Jessica Simpson, you betcha' she is a Texan, too. And it doesn't stop there. Texan men? God blessed Texas, women, and the country music world with George Strait. And alright, alright, alright another hot Texan man is you guessed it, Matthew McConaughey.

12. The music

Texas country is the best country music there is! George Strait (of course), Willie, Nelson, Robert Earl Keen, Pat Green, Kevin Fowler, Josh Abbott Band, Casey Donahew Band, and Stoney LaRue make for some of the greatest in Texas country music.

After this list one might wonder if it is about time for Texas to secede already... God definitely spent more time while he was making the great Lone Star State. Davy Crocket said it best, "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!"

Outsiders will never be able understand all Texas is, but those who do are truly thankful of the greatest state in America.