12 Reasons Why Fall Is My Favorite Season

There are pumpkins everywhere!

2603
True Sample

Everyone has their favorite season and, honestly, their preferences really just indicate whether they're a person who likes the cold weather, the hot weather, or something in between. As a younger child, I was probably more inclined to like the hot seasons for the obvious school's-out-for-the-summer reason. However, now that I'm a little older, I can admit my favorite season is, undoubtedly, fall!

Below are numerous reasons why the season of fall is the absolute best season and deserves a medal!

1. The "F" in fall is for "Friends!"

Honestly, a lot of people dislike the season because it reminds them of the back-to-school blues. Personally, I kind of enjoy going back to school and starting in the fall semester. As a commuter, most of my friends live in another state, so returning back to school brings me back to my friends!

2. Orange is a nice color!

Let's play a game. When you think of the season fall, what's the first color that comes to mind? Most people will answer "orange!" Let's talk about orange. Overall, it's a nice color. The leaves turn orange. The sky's cast during a sunset has an orange tint. During the season, people often wear shades of orange. Pumpkins are orange. Really, fall is orange!

3. It's not a million degrees outside!

As someone who is perpetually pale and perpetually burnt, I can 100 percent attest that to the fact that fall is the season for my soul! It's not 100-plus degrees outside, so I'm less likely to get burnt. Plus, I can wear my favorite blue jeans and not sweat enough to fill an entire gallon jug. It's a perfect 60 to 70 degrees outside and I couldn't be happier!

4. Flannel!

Something about August to November makes it the perfect time for flannel, whether it's flannel shirts, jackets, pants, or shoes. There's literally flannel everywhere. If you haven't worn flannel before, it's not just something for those country folks out there. It's probably the most loose and soft piece of clothing I own and I can't wait to break it out!

5. Haunted houses!

If you're someone who doesn't like scary movies, surprises, or the feeling of being scared then go ahead and skip over this number. However, for me, fall is a time when haunted houses are at their peak! There are haunted corn mazes, haunted historical tours (Waverly Hills Sanatorium), haunted scavenger hunts (Danger Run), and on-site haunted houses. I'm game for a good thrill!

6. Bonfires!

Fall is a perfect season for bonfires. Think about it! Summer, even though you may want to roast marshmallows, is almost too hot or humid to really enjoy a bonfire. Winter wouldn't really work out because the wood would be wet from the snow and the same goes for spring with the rain. So fall is the obvious answer for roasting marshmallows, hot dogs, and enjoying a group bonfire!

7. Pumpkin picking!

As someone who lives relatively close to Indiana, I have to say that I love going to Huber's in Indiana. Huber's is a pumpkin patch, winery, restaurant, apple picking place, corn maze, and more. There's so much to do here that the time spent is really worthwhile. Each October, sometimes even as early as September, a group of friends and I will pick out our favorite pumpkins we like and use them for Halloween. The whole event is actually really fun and exciting!

8. Pumpkin-flavored everything!

In addition to picking pumpkins, there inevitably is pumpkin-flavored everything. There had to be an additional use for the pumpkin other than just having them as lawn ornaments for Halloween. So, if you're someone like me who loves the smell of pumpkin and the taste of pumpkin-flavored anything, brace yourself! The season is upon us! Also, yes, I will be ordering pumpkin flavored drinks from Starbucks with no regrets!

9. Scary movies at your local drive-in!

This year was my first time at the drive-in movie theater. Unfortunately, my first time at the drive-in was during the summer. However, I still had fun and could only imagine how wonderful the drive-in would be during the fall season when it is cool outside and feels wonderful! In addition to the cooler weather making the drive-in fun, the scary movies are always a plus and a classic! Sign me up!

10. Football season!

Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't enjoy football. Fall is most certainly for football season! Something about the way the lights shine on the field, the smell of freshly-cut grass, concession stand food, cool, crisp air, and the electricity of the crowd floors me! It may have helped that my high school sweetheart was also a football player; so, my love for football began there! High school football, college football, and NFL seasons are upon us. I cannot wait!

11. Hayrides!

Although I wasn't a huge fan of hayrides when I was younger, I still think everyone should at least try this once. Hayrides are, honestly, just what they seem like. They're a buggy pulled by either a horse or tractor and you set on bales of hay. If you're fortunate, some hayrides will have a haunted tour or scary stories to accompany them. Some even take you to pick pumpkins. Either way, hayrides are an important aspect of fall and despite the itchy hay, it's still a good time!

12. Halloween!

The last, more obvious reason for my love of fall is Hallowen! Okay, so I'm an adult and shouldn't dress up and go trick-or-treating anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't get the enjoyment of watching my younger siblings and cousins get the thrills of it. Even as an adult, there are costume parties and other Halloween-related events going on. Not to mention, there are loads of discounted candy I can occasionally break the diet I'm on for! Let's be honest––no matter how old we get, Halloween is still fun and something to look forward to!

From Your Site Articles