12 Reasons Why Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth | The Odyssey Online

12 Reasons Why Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth

A list of 12 reasons why Disney is indeed the Happiest Place on Earth.

4239

Everyone has that one place that is their go-to vacation spot, whether it's a personal spot or a family spot. For me and my family, it's the Happiest Place on Earth, Disney World. We've traveled many other places, but at the end of the day Disney World never gets old. Some people may not see what makes it so great, but here's 11 things that I think make Disney great.

1. It's always warm in Florida.

Somehow, someway, no matter what season it is, it is always warm down in Florida. Even when it seems like the rest of the world is freezing.

2. Disney is for all ages.

This is my family and I (minus my older sister and her family) at our last trip to Disney. My older brother at the time was 25 and my younger brother was 14. A full grown family, but still all at Disney, together, having another memorable trip to Disney. However, we've been going for so long. My first trip to Disney was when I was just 7 months old, and this summer we're going again, and I'm just as excited as I was then.

3. Disney is always changing and growing.

Just recently, Disney opened another park in Shanghai, as well as finished redesigning the Downtown Disney area in Orlando. Every time we've gone back, there's been something new and exciting happening/opening. You'll never have the same trip twice.

4. It's extremely clean!

As many times as I've been to Disney, I have never seen much trash on the grounds or seen staff change a garbage bag. EVER. It's probably one of the cleanest parks I've ever been to. And some of the staff even keep the magic alive when cleaning.

5. You make lasting memories.

As I said before, I've been to Disney my fair share of times, yet no two trips are exactly the same. We've had so many laughs while on vacation in Disney and have some fantastic stories that we still tell today.

6. Once you enter Disney property, it's totally acceptable to act like a kid again.

Once you drive underneath that sign, it is totally acceptable to act like a kid again. Most responsibilities can be left behind and you can enjoy all your favorite characters and princesses and princes.

7. The atmosphere is magical!

Not only can you act like a kid once you're on Disney property, but there's magic humming in the air. My siblings and I, we all get along pretty well, but we're siblings. We get into little arguments from time to time. But there's something about Disney

8. All staff (including characters) are very friendly.

Every member of the staff, no matter where you go in the park, is extremely friendly and helpful. They are always smiling and are there to help make your trip the best it can be.

9. There's something for everyone.

There's rides and shows for all ages and sizes and a variety of backgrounds. Everyone has their favorite. For example, my little brother's favorite ride is Space Mountain. However, my dad loves going to see the Hall of Presidents.

10. There's a variety of hotels, each with a different experience.

There are 29 different hotels in the Walt Disney World Resort, all with a slightly different theme, and therefore a different experience.

11. Numerous dining options, providing for everyone.

Again, there are plenty of different restaurants in the parks, hotels and the surrounding property, that you could go and never eat at the same place twice. There's the fancier restaurants, fast food type places, ice cream stands, and spots for character meet-and-greets. Again, most people find their favorites to return to each trip, but there's always room for exploration.

12. Lastly, the man with a dream and his mouse.

Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse.

None of these amazing parks would be possible without Walt and his dream that started many years ago out in California for Disneyland. I only hope that these parks exceed his expectations.