12 Reasons Why the Time Between Halloween and New Year's is the Best Time of the Year | The Odyssey Online

12 Reasons Why the Time Between Halloween and New Year's is the Best Time of the Year

Happy Holidays!

102

The day after Halloween is my absolute favorite. Not because I get to go through pictures, laugh at all the memories and stuff my face with candy while ignoring all my homework, but because it marks the start of the best time of the year. November to the start of December, is probably, at least in my opinion, the most festive, light-hearted, fun, family-oriented, bright time of the year. From the holidays, to the food, to the traditions, to first snows and snow days, the days off from school and everything in between, it's a great time of year-and here are 12 reasons why.

1. Thanksgiving.

This one is kind of self explanatory.

2. Christmas/Hanukkah

Also self explanatory. Food, family, traditions, presents.

3. New Years.

Champagne, fun parties, festive clothing and new beginnings-what's not to love?

4. First snowfalls

5. First snow-days (which mean's first snowball fights, first snuggle sessions etc.)

6. All the food.

Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Chocolate Pie, Stuffing, Ham, Turkey(s), Pasta, Gravy, did I mention pie?

7. The traditions

From family dinners, tree decorating, thanksgiving flag football, and many more, the family and friend traditions are stronger than ever around this time of year.

8. The shopping

From here on out, the shopping is great. Not only are there a ton of sales, but finding gifts for friends and family can be so much fun.

9. Days off

Between the government holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, the days off in these two months are probably more than the combined number of days off you got during the rest of the year.

10. The weather and the leaves

Not only are the leaves beautiful this time of year, but the weather is perfect for sweaters and leggings and snuggling up in a blanket while binge watching Friends.

11. The Instagrams.

This season is the most basic time of year, so embrace all the instagrams you can get with your PSL's, your dog and your christmas tree, trying to cook a turkey etc.

12. Friends and family

Spending time with your friends and family is probably the best and most fun aspect of this time of the year. Cherish every moment and don't ever pass up on the chance for family dinners and friend movie nights.