12 Best Burgers In Richmond, Virginia | The Odyssey Online

12 Best Burgers In Richmond, Virginia

If you're in the mood for a good burger, have I got a list for you.

382
12 Best Burgers In Richmond, Virginia
Veterans Cab Richmond

Throughout my personal food tour of Richmond, I decided to test out some of the areas famous (and not so well known) burger joints. Throughout my taste testing experience, I found so many great spots all over the Richmond area! Here is a list (in no particular order) of some of the best spots I encountered!

1. Station 2

2016 E Main St, Richmond, VA 23223

Housed in an old fire station in Church Hill, Station 2 has an incredible atmosphere. This laid-back restaurant features unique decor and offers a variety of burgers as well as a selection of craft beers. The food was very good; the burgers were thick and absolutely divine.

2. Jack Brown's Beer and Burger Joint

5810 Grove Ave, Richmond, VA 23226

With locations in a variety of different spots in Virginia, Jack Brown's is an awesome burger spot that you can remember even when outside of Richmond. The menu is small but mighty; pretty much the only things you can get are burgers and fries. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. If you are into craft beers, they have a tremendous selection and even have a method of tracking which and how many beers you have tried.

3. Toast

7007 Three Chopt Rd, Richmond, VA, US 23226

Located in the West End of Richmond, Toast is a great spot for all meals of the day. Although a brunch favorite of my family's, Toast is additionally an excellent spot for dinner and lunch. My favorite Toast meal is a hamburger with an order of their fabulous truffle fries.

4. Dot's Back Inn

4030 MacArthur Ave, Richmond, VA 23227

Eating at Dot's Back Inn felt like a throwback. There seemed to be a very consistent crowd, and I could see why! The food was wonderful. The burger was cooked to perfection, and all the sides were excellent. Their succotash was some of the best I have ever had. A definite can't-miss in Richmond!

5. Boulevard Burger and Brew

1300 North Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230

One of my favorite places to eat in all of Richmond. Boulevard Burger and Brew feels incredibly retro. The decor is incredibly unique and fun. The food is phenomenal; I highly recommend the tater tots! For those of age, the menu includes a variety of boozy milkshakes.

6. Bamboo Cafe

1 S Mulberry St, Richmond, VA 23220

The Bamboo Cafe has been a staple in The Fan for years. The food definitely proves why. This dimly-lit restaurant has a very fun vibe, and its location attracts people from all over the city. My family and I tried a variety of things from all over the menu, and all of them were great! This burger was worthy of much praise.

7. Midlothian Apothecary

13502 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23113

This local Midlothian soda fountain is honestly adorable. All the employees are incredibly friendly, so the atmosphere is wonderful. The same people are there day to day and week to week; a local spot, but always welcoming to newcomers. The food is wonderful; I definitely recommend getting a milkshake as well!

8. Burger Bach

10 S Thompson St, Richmond, VA 23221

This New Zealand-inspired gastropub has quickly become a fan-favorite in the Richmond area. The restaurant will soon be opening their third location in the Richmond area. The burgers were flavorful and absolutely wonderful. Their beef is never frozen, so the food is always fresh! I recommend getting a side order of fries and trying some of their special fry sauces. My favorite was the garlic aioli; they all sounded wonderful!

9. O'Toole's Restaurant and Pub

4800 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA 23225

This Irish pub is full of good food and good fun. The bar is sizable, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a spot for kids. Families and adults alike can enjoy this spot. The burger was absolutely phenomenal, but so were the onion rings. Honestly, everything was really good. There are televisions scattered around the restaurant so you can enjoy both sports and your company.

10. Postbellum

1323 W Main St, Richmond, VA 23220

This chic new restaurant is an excellent addition to the Richmond foodie scene. The food is locally sourced and incredibly fresh. My family and I tried probably half the menu, and everything we have ever had has been delicious. I was particularly fond of the garlic herb grilled corn. But I would recommend pretty much everything.

11. Citizen Burger Bar

2907 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221

This restaurant was so wildly popular in Charlottesville that they opened a location in Richmond. They offer two different sizes of burgers; one very small one and one enormous one. Additionally, if burgers aren't your favorite, they offer 100% all-natural free-range chicken, lobster, salads, and even a vegan burger patty. Their motto is, "At Citizen Burger Bar, we believe kicking back with a tasty burger and a beer is one of life's essential liberties." If that's your style, then Citizen Burger Bar is the place for you!

12. Carytown Burgers & Fries

3500 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221

Carytown Burgers & Fries has been such a staple in Carytown for so long, that there are now locations outside of Carytown with the same name. They even have a food truck! It gets pretty busy, but the food never disappoints. No list of the best burgers in Richmond would be complete without Carytown Burgers & Fries. Hey, their burgers and fries are great, can't argue with that!