11 Under Appreciated Albums And EPs

11 Under Appreciated Albums And EPs

Hidden gems that everyone should give a listen

30
11 Under Appreciated Albums And EPs
Genius

It seems that new, exceptional music is popping up everywhere (lucky for us), but it's hard to keep track of it all and give artists and albums the recognition they deserve. Even though their singles blow up, some albums and EPs as a whole tend to go overlooked amongst all the ruckus. Here are 11 albums and EPs (in no particular order) that seem to have gone under appreciated over time:

1. Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood"

Troye's debut album doesn't lack in lyrics that hit you to the core and resonate long after you finish listening. Dealing with love, heart break, growing up and the mental toll that comes with questioning one's sexuality, Blue Neighbourhood is sure worth a listen.

2. The 1975 - "I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it."

Though a few singles from the band's second album have hit the radio, it still seems that I like it when you sleep has yet to be appreciated for its entirety.

3. Terror Jr. - "Bop City"

A not so well known group that seemed to come out of no where (and not to mention their rumored link to Kylie) serves up an album that doesn't fail to impress with hypnotizing vocals on top of beats that will set any aux chord aflame.

4. Kehlani - "SweetSexySavage"

Perfection. Just plain perfection.

5. Chase Atlantic - "Part One"

This Aussie trio has been evolving their music for the past few years and this EP does not fail to impress with obvious influences from bands such as The 1975, and writing, recording, and producing all their own music.

6. Lauren Sanderson - "Center of Expression"

This Indiana native is all about continuously creating and expressing yourself everyday— hence the name of her debut EP Center of Expression. It deals with falling in love, heart break, and chasing your dreams — something pretty much anyone can relate to— all while singing or rapping her own lyrics deriving from her personal journals.

7. The Vaccines - "What Did You Expect From the Vaccines?"

Very, very under appreciated. Very.

8. Greyson Chance - "Somewhere Over My Head"

Greyson seemed to have disappeared from the music scene for years, but now he's back and better than ever. Greyson has seemed to develop his his own style of music — breaking away from his old adolescent pop sound. He also consistently pays thanks to James Bay (also featured in this list) for the influence Chaos and the Calm had while producing this EP.

9. Jon Bellion - "The Human Condition"

This Long Island native is so underrated, but he's slowly making his way up after dropping this debut album.

10. Ta-ku - "Songs To Break Up To"

Put on your headphones, close your eyes and vibe.

11. James Bay - "Chaos and The Calm"

Everyone knows at least one of James' singles that has hit the radio, but you can't appreciate those fully without listening through the album in its entirety. It's an intimate album with subtle gospel influences, which toys with the idea and struggles of the past and future.