11 Things That Are True For Marvel Fans

11 Things That Are True For Marvel Fans

You didn't choose the Marvel life. It chose you.

283
11 Things That Are True For Marvel Fans
Wikipedia

Marvel. It's a massive entertainment company that has slithered into our lives like the tentacles of HYDRA, taken control of our brains like the Red Room, and torn apart over our lives like a Civil War. Even if you aren't a hardcore fan, there's a chance that you've seen a movie or at least know the title of one. Marvel began its' movie rise to power with it's 2008 release of "Iron Man" and, since then, it has been nonstop. With multiple movies, new comics, and television shows, it's no wonder that Marvel has taken over the world. And now that they've partnered with Disney? They are unstoppable. From the outside it probably seems totally crazy but for a fan, Marvel is much more. It's something that has taken over our lives. And, for all us fans, that are some things that reign true.

1. We all have that one character we would legit die for.

For each of us fans, there is one characters out there who stands above the rest. Whether it's one that we can personally relate to or one we simply worship while upon our knees, we will fight tooth and nail for that character. We are willing to even argue with the best of friends to prove they're the best. (Psst, Captain America is the best.)

2. We watch the trailers over and over.

Legit over and over. We over analyze the smallest of things and spend every waking moment trying to pinpoint what's happening in every second of that trailer. When we close our eyes, we see the trailer. It's our number one YouTube search. That trailer is our lifeline that'll help us get to the movie's release.

3. We all play (or have played) one of the Marvel games.

I'll straight up admit it. I play two different Marvel games: Contest of Champions and Avengers Academy. It might seem childish for someone who is twenty-one to still play games like these but when you're a Marvel fan and want to be further immersed in this amazing world, you're happy to let the app take up space on your phone.

4. We spout off knowledge no one else knows.

Oh the countless times I have gone on tangents about this thing or that thing in a movie or a television show. Someone will say the tiniest thing and I will be quick to relay tons of pointless information from the Marvel universe without hesitation. We sometimes know more about Marvel than the very subjects we study in school.

5. Civil War nearly destroyed us.

It's been well over three months since this movie hit the screen. And we're still not over it. I probably never will be. This was one of the biggest movies to hit the screen in 2016 and most certainly the biggest for the Marvel world. It took everything that they had and tore it in half, creating sides for fans to choose. This no doubt reflected itself in real life. #TeamCap

6. We buy things just because Marvel is on it in some way.

Do I absolutely need it? No. Am I going to get it? Yes. I have bought the most pointless things simply because a Marvel character has graced it's surface. It sounds so weak and impulsive but I've decided to accept my fate that Marvel owns my life.

7. There's one death we will never get over.

No I didn't see it coming and I will never be over it. There is certainly a lot of pain in the Marvel universe with break ups and deaths and destruction. Every fan has that one death that they just can't believe and will never ever let go. For many of us it was the lost of Pietro just as soon as we got him. (But we're holding out hope for Infinity War.)

8. We talk about the characters as if they're real.

At this point, Marvel and it's characters have become such a big part of our lives that it feels like they're really part of our lives. And sometimes, I know I do a lot, we casually throw their names out as if they're our best friends in the world.

9. Our friends are tired of hearing us talk about it.

I talk about Marvel way more than I ever should. Like, more than a human should. And who is stuck listening to me ramble on and on about Cap's shield or the way Natasha kicks people off a roof? My friends. I'm honestly surprised that their ears have no fallen off yet.

10. We probably listen to a soundtrack from one of the movies.

Don't even get me started on the music. If there is anything that makes a movie even greater it is the music. The scores truly tie a movie together and make it a masterpiece, and Marvel has certainly got this down pat. There is not one move of their's that has a soundtrack I do not enjoy. Applause to those composers for being incredible.

11. We straight up love Marvel. And always will.

It's more than just movies or characters on a book. Marvel is a fandom and, to us, that means family. Marvel has helped to bring out the hero in all of us and unite us in ways that we never thought possible. We have met amazing people, done amazing things, and have amazing stories to help us through it. We certainly love Marvel and I have just one thing to say to it and to Stan Lee: Thank you.