11 Things All "So You Think You Can Dance" Fans Can Relate To

Above all, you cannot wait for the next season so you have a new dancer to obsess over.

86
gossip and gab

I have been a "SYTYCD" fan since season 6 which was on air in late 2009. But season 7 was the year that really left a mark on me since I got to see the dancers live and I completely fell in love with Robert Roldan, Kent Boyd, and Lauren Froderman. Since then, I've had watch parties at my house and saw the season 10 dancers live with my dance team. The obsession lives on with this post of 11 surefire ways you too are obsessed with the show.

1. You keep up with the dancers on social media.

You basically know everything about them, namely, they are ALL still dancing. You might even follow the dancer's friends and family on social media too. Ricky (S11 winner) and Melanie (S8 winner) are on Broadway and sometimes hang out (friendship goals). All your faves are dancing on tour with Travis Wall's (S2) Shaping Sound Co. Jasmine (S10) has been dancing with Beyonce and is in so many of her videos. Twitch (S5) and Allison (S2) just celebrated their son Maddox's first birthday. So many dancers are on "Dancing with the Stars". You're waiting for the day when Jessica (s11) gets engaged to her longtime boyfriend Ryan.

2. You have spent hours watching your fav routines on YouTube.

In fact, you've watched it so much you have even memorized the judge's comments, and you still get goosebumps every time.

3. You can spot a hot tamale train thirty seconds into a routine.

Mary Murphy is famous for naming any hot, sexy, or just damn good routine a "Hot Tamale Train". And even if she didn't yell the catchphrase at the top of her lungs during the comments you have a few of your own HTT routines.

4. If anyone asks, you can name off your top favorite dances/dancers.

There's literally over a thousand to choose from so you have to have at least ten favorites. Some of my favorites are "Hallelujah" with Alex and Allison, "If It Kills Me" with Jeanine and Jason, and "Outta Your Mind" with Twitch and Alex.

5. You can guess the opening group dance choreographer with 90% accuracy.

Anything dark and intense would be a masterpiece from Sonya. A contemporary piece that is just completely moving and breathtaking was created by Travis Wall. A fun jazz number would be Tyce Diorio. Something innovative and mesmerizing comes from Christopher Scott.

6. All of your favorite songs were discovered while watching "SYTYCD".

You make note of the song title at the beginning of each dance, or Shazam it if it turns out to be really good. Then, after the show, you download the new music on iTunes. Play on repeat all night.

7. Whenever there's a kiss you go crazy for it.

As soon as a couple kisses during or after a dance you get up off the couch and scream. Notable kisses include Kent and Lauren after "Collide" (season seven), Melanie and Marko during "I Got You" (season eight), and "Casey and Jessica" during "Like Real People Do" (season eleven). I still scream in the inside when I rewatch it.

8. You actually celebrate National Dance Day.

Maybe you learn the dances with your dance studio or you decide to learn them yourself. Either way, you know the end of July is going to be lit. Deep in your heart, you know every day is National Dance Day, and with "SYTYCD" in your life, it can be.

9. Your heart flutters when a section of a duet is perfectly synchronized.

This is a choreographer's/dance teacher's dream. When those turns are flawlessly executed and on time. The sequence of a duet that is perfectly timed is probably the most satisfying thing ever. There is just something so magical and breathtaking about two peoples ability to interpret the musicality in the exact same way and be like two people dancing as one. I'm getting emotional.

10. You would KILL to see the dancers live.

Seeing the dancers perform in real life is the coolest thing ever! Meeting them afterward is even cooler! (Yeah it's free, you just have to find their bus and wait forever). And for the seasons with the all-stars, it's always fun to see who the dancers get paired up with.

11. You count the days and weeks until the next season.

Because you can't wait until the day when you can start to obsess over a new favorite dancer. "SYTYCD" has blessed us with 13 seasons worth of amazing dancers, choreographers, and guest judges. We couldn't be more excited for a 14th season!