11 Struggles Of Having Big Feet | The Odyssey Online

11 Struggles Of Having Big Feet

Audrey Hepburn had big feet, too, so I'm that much closer to being famous.

986
11 Struggles Of Having Big Feet
sofiamarie777

Anyone can have big feet. As I have been told my entire life, "you are firmly planted on this earth." Having big feet is not a bad thing, it just can be a struggle sometimes.

1. Do My Feet Look Big??

This is a question I ask daily. It also never fails to be a question when you try on shoes. You snap a pic of your feet and send a mass snap just to make sure you don't look like big foot every time you step out the door.

2. Let's Share Shoes... Not!

Having big feet means when all of your friends want to borrow your shoes, they can't. Or when they have these super-cute boots you would love to wear but you don't wear a size seven like the rest of your friends. Then they make jokes about their shoes fitting in yours.

3. Clearance Shoes?! HECK YEAH! Oh, wait.

Walking in to DSW or any shoe store for that matter and seeing the massive display reading "Clearance" just makes your heart skip a beat. Walking through the aisles forever searching for the sign that reads sizes 10 and above. First of all, how rude they have so little shoes that they group them all together. Second, you look through the maybe 15 pairs in your size, but they are so ugly you just get mad that you believed this time would be different.

4. "But you're so short!"

Thank you, I know I am only five-feet-four-inches tall. Just because I am vertically challenged does not mean I have to have small feet. Trust me, you had no idea I wore a size 10 or 11 until I just told you 30 seconds ago.

5. Oops!

Falling while walking or tripping over nothing is an every day struggle. You just get used to the fact that there is a real possibility while walking down the street in Converse that you trip just because your feet are too big.

6. Yes, I know my size.

Yes. I did say size 10. No. I am not crazy. My feet are attached to my body so I think I know what size I am when I ask you judgmental salesperson for a shoe. So when you come back with a nine-and-a-half to try first, because you simply do not believe me, is just a horrible experience for everyone involved when I cannot squeeze into the shoe while everyone is staring.

7. "I'm sorry we don't go up to that size."

Hearing these words is enough to make anyone go crazy but hearing it almost every time you go shopping is the actual worst. Every time you find the cutest shoe for an outfit you just bought, your heart gets broken when the salesperson breaks the news. Online is not any better and sometimes you just contemplate just buying shoes from a drag queen.

8. Perfection!

Finding that perfect shoe means making them last forever. You have no idea when you will find another shoe like it so you do whatever it takes to keep them nice.

9. Skinny Jeans...Got 10 Minutes?

Putting on and taking off skinny jeans is a workout for anyone. Having big feet adds the real life fear of getting trapped in your own pants. You always have to sit down while taking them off because they get caught at your feet and falling is just not an option anymore. You have way too many battle scars for that.

10. Overpacked? Nope. It's Just My Shoes.

Going on vacation is a wonderful time...that is after you have packed. You never know what types of shoes you want but you have to be strategic when packing them since your feet are so big. You feel so frustrated when you only packed three pairs of shoes but there is zero space for your clothes and toiletries. Sometimes you just give into frustration and throw everything out of your suitcase.

11. You Aren't Alone!

You know everyone is trying to comfort you when they tell you a bunch of celebrities have bigger feet than you and that you could be famous just like them. They mean well when they tell you these things, but it's still annoying when your friends do that because they still shop in the kids section for shoes rather than at Bigfoot-R-Us like you.

Big feet are a struggle sometimes. They are the playground for real creative (eye roll) nicknames such as bigfoot or my personal favorite Sasquatch. Don't let big feet get you down. Embrace what you were given and have the coolest shoe closet around and show everyone what they can't wear.