11 Signs You Have Found Your Best Friends

A listed analysis of true friendship.

23
Alexander Larsen

Regardless of the amount of people you meet in your life and the relationships that you make, nothing could ever compare to the connection that you have with your best friends. The people that often times know you better than you know yourself and allow you to be exactly who you are without judgement. Your best friends have been there for your greatest achievements and supported you with your biggest self doubts, and have never left your side. Here are a few ways that I know I have found my best friends for life.

1. You Know Everything About Each Other

The good, the bad, and the down right disgusting details that you wouldn't think to tell anyone else. Your best friends know every aspect of your life and the opinions you have on any topic. You know you can tell them anything and want to know their thoughts on it, expecting zero filter.

2. They Know The Best Solutions To Your Problems

Unlike parents or high school guidance counselors, your best friends know (and probably have encountered) the same experiences that you have had, at the time that you've had them. This allows them to give the best advice possible that you always know, deep down is the right thing to do.

3. You Can Communicate Without Ever Speaking

In whatever situation that you're in, your best friends can always tell exactly what you are thinking based off of one single look. You know each other so well that you can carry full conversations and make plans, even in a crowded room of people. You can always count on your best friends to save you from an uncomfortable situation or make you laugh even when you say you're fine.

4. You Have A Common Language Nobody Else Understands

You can guarantee that you have a language all of your own with your best friends that, no matter how hard other people try to understand, they could never comprehend the meaning of it all. All of the crazy times you've had lead you to create common words or phrases that you mutually get the meaning of, and can have the best conversations with.

5. You Find Everything They Do Hilarious

Whether it's intentional or not, everything that your best friend says or does is the thing that can always make you laugh the hardest. Even if it is a simple dance they do or face they make, they are certain to be the most entertaining people you will ever surround yourself with.

6. You Can Be Content Doing Absolutely Nothing

When you are with your best friends, what you do is irrelevant as long as you are together. You are sure to have the best times of your life being adventurous or going out to crazy parties, but you can also have just as much fun sitting in each others rooms on your phone or driving around endlessly listening to music.

7. You Can 100% Be Yourself

Your best friends have certainly seen all sides of you, so there is never any worry about being "too weird" or "too gross". They are guaranteed to not judge you, and will often times try to compete to be more gross or weird.

8. Everyone Always Assumes You're Dating

Regardless of your sexual orientation, you can frequently expect outsiders to assume you are dating your best friends due to your closeness and perceived intimacy. However you just laugh it off and go on doing what you're doing.

9. Their Family Is Your Family

When you have found your true best friends, their home is your home, and vice versa. Along with this comes their family who treats you as one of their own. They are never surprised to see you walk in the front door unexpected, and you find yourself having conversations with them even when your friend isn't around.

10. They Will 'Like' All Of Your Social Media Posts Regardless If They Like Them

One of the perks of finding your best friends is the social obligation they feel to 'like' all of your posts on social media, even if they don't actually see the content that you posted. True friends always make sure to like and comment on all posts to show their appreciation and support.

11. No Matter The Distance, You Will Always Remain Best Friends

The last, and most important sign that you have found your best friends is knowing that no matter what situations life throws at you, and how far apart you are, your friendship will never die and the bond that you have could never be broken.

You are certain to make numerous new friends throughout all stages of your life, but they could never compare to that of your best friends. So here's an appreciative shout out to all of my best friends!