11 Reasons We're Not Ready For Fall

11 Reasons We're Not Ready For Fall

Is it August already?

219
11 Reasons We're Not Ready For Fall
Jessica Rondeau Photography

Every year, us over here in Michigan, sit and hope for the glorious warm weather that comes with the promise of summer. We can pull off those snowsuits, peel back the multiple layers of clothing and let our skin be warmed naturally. It's something we northerners cherish greatly.

So here are 11 reasons we're not ready for fall:

1. No more slipping on some flip flops and heading outside.

When summer comes to a close, there isn't any more quick walks through the park. Suddenly socks are involved, and with them, shoes that actually tie. It involves a lot more commitment.

2. Goodbye to summer sales and hello to sweater weather.

On top of the extra work you have to do in order to put actual shoes on, you now have to put on actual clothes, too. No more tank tops and shorts. You've got to actually fashion an outfit that is not just warm, but cute as well.

3. Out with the summer romantic comedyies and in with the creepy fall thrillers.

Not that I don't love a good scar every now and then, but the terrifying commercials on TV at all hours of the night do sort of start to get to me once we hit October.

4. PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING!

I love a good pumpkin spice latte every now and then, but when everything is available in pumpkin spice, it gets to be a little bit too much. Pumpkin spice life? No, thanks.

5. This means you've got to figure out some sort of ridiculous Halloween costume soon.

There'a always that perfect balance between relevant, and weird. You have to find the perfect costume that allows you to be a little bit of both. This often requires stressing and shopping for costumes on amazon multiple times at 3 in the morning before you find the perfect fit.

Especially if you have a party to go to.

6. No more light summer dresses.

When women have to get ready, it's usually a long process. Particularly for special events. In the summer, it doesn't matter whether it be a grad party, a baby shower, or even a wedding, a light summer dress is always appropriate.

7. Now that your summer wardrobe is almost complete, it's time to start working on your fall wardrobe.

I know, I know, it seems like you just finally got everything that you need to rock your summer style. All of the sudden, you need a few hundred more dollars to keep up your adorableness.

8. Everyone is trying to scramble to get their last summer trip in before the weather changes.

The beaches are packed, and if you didn't schedule a vacation in early June, most likely you won't have any luck finding somewhere to stay the last few weeks of August. That's the ultimate bummer.

9. Goodbye barbecues...

One fantastic thing about summer is being able to go outside and grill. When it gets to be fall, burgers just aren't the same.

10. Country music just isn't quite the same in September.

Unless it's 90 degrees and you've got your toes in the water and your you-know-what where, country music is depressing. It just reminds you of the good times when it was actually warm out.

11. The prospect of fall semester hanging over your head.

The true horror of summer coming to an end, is having to go back to school. No one is ever prepared for the reality off that. Now you have to go back to feeling guilty for those 24 hour Netflix binges.