11 Questions I Had When I Finished "Stranger Things"

This is the strangest thing that has happened.

86
moviepilot.com

Netflix has always been one of my favorite pastimes, and "Stranger Things" quickly became one of my new favorite shows. It is beautifully shot in a sleepy town in Indiana and has a great cast including one of my favorite actresses, Winona Ryder. It is set in my favorite decade of big hair and flashy clothes, both rarely shown in this science fiction program. After binge watching all eight episodes in one sitting, I have many questions that I need answered.

Warning: Major spoiler alerts ahead!

1. Why did Nancy stay with Steve?

From the beginning, I did not like him. He always carried a sketchy attitude and showed his true colors when he saw Jonathan with Nancy. It was especially low when he let his friends harass Nancy in front of him. The only thing she was guilty of was worrying about her friend! "Slut with a heart of gold" is the last thing I would call Nancy. I would say staying with Steve was not a smart choice.

2. Why was she not freaked out about Jonathan?

On to the next boy, Jonathan seemed more wholesome at the beginning of the show. However, there were major red flags when he started taking pictures of them at Steve's house. It got worse when he photographed Nancy in her underwear. Then it hit maximum creepiness when he chose to develop the pictures in the public school darkroom. Personally, those are huge red flags. When Nancy saw all of this, how could she trust him when trying to find Barb and Will?

3. Why would she just abandon Barb?

Best friends mean something to people, right? I was shocked to see Nancy tell her to go home so she could stay with Steve. Hoes before bros, Nancy, that is the golden rule.

4. Barb isn't really dead, right?

Barb was always my favorite character. I was rooting for her to make it out of the upside down the entire show and was extremely upset to see Hopper and Joyce discover her corpse. I loved her "mom" look she had and how she put her best friend, Nancy, before her. For example, going to Steve's awkward party where she was last seen and sticking by her best friend.

5. How did Eleven enjoy frozen waffles?

This was more of my pet peeve. Did Mike never offer to cook them? I love my waffles as much as the next run away, but I love them cooked. I bet Eleven might have stuck around longer if you introduced some fresh and crispy waffles to her diet.

6. What happened to Will in the upside down?

First of all, his survival was a miracle. I was shocked they tried so hard to save Will, but totally ignored Barb. He comes back puking slugs and has flashbacks to the other world? Very little of the other world was shown. This better be addressed in the second season.

7. Is he still part of the upside down?

The gross slug in the sink scene at the end made me question: is he really out? No one in the show seemed to know what went on in that world besides Eleven. Most humans wouldn't venture inside without a hazmat suit, the exclusion being Nancy and Jonathan.

8. What was the timeline in this show?

Seriously. These kids were already at each others houses before they went to school. I could barely get up in time for high school and I lived about 5 minutes away from the building. These kids were biking all over town without thinking twice. I admire their enthusiasm, but how did they have so much time for everything? Do they not appreciate sleep as much as I do?

9. Where are children 1 through 10?

Eleven can't be the first and only special child this facility has done tests on. I want to know if there are other people like her who have similar abilities. If there are others, do they share the same ability? Or do they have different powers?

10. Why does Eleven's nose bleed?

I don't understand this one. I get that it has to deal with her using her mind, but how does that equal a nosebleed? Hopefully season two will explain some of the science behind this and more background on these "bad men."

11. When does Season Two come out?

No more jokes, this needs to happen as soon as possible.