11 Guys You Need To Stop Dating In Your Twenties | The Odyssey Online

11 Guys You Need To Stop Dating In Your Twenties

Do yourself a favor and kick the guys to the curb before you waste another minute of your time.

64

Dating isn't easy. Sometimes you get so sick of the struggle that you settle for someone who really isn't right for you. Here are the guys you need to ditch.

1. The guy who can't complete simple household tasks.

If he only can make boxed mac and cheese and still has to call his mom every time he needs to do laundry, kick him to the curb. It is not your job to teach him how to be a proper adult. Tell him to call you when he wants a girlfriend, not a mom.

2. The guy you're physically attracted to but have no emotional connection with.

Yeah, he may be hot, but that only gets you so far. When you have run out of conversation topics before appetizers have even arrived, he isn't the guy for you.

3. The guy who only texts you after two in the morning.

We all know what that 2 a.m. "you up?" text means. If he doesn't try to see you in the light of day, he isn't worth your time. This also applies to the guy who only want to hang out and "watch Netflix" with you.

4. The guy who still lives with his ex.

I'm not saying he might not have a perfectly valid reason to be living with his ex. All I'm saying is that you should stay far, far away from this guy. You will never be able to feel comfortable at his place and the situation can just be messy.

5. The "bad boy."

You dated this guy in high school to piss off your parents and prove how cool you were. You have no reason to be dating this guy now other than you want to feel young and carefree again. It will not end well.

6. The guy you're emotionally attracted to but have no physical connection with.

You need both. Stop telling yourself you don't. It isn't shallow, it is just a reality.

7. The guy you're only dating out of convenience.

Maybe he lives right in your apartment building so you have access to cuddles at any time. Odds are you aren't really in to him, you're just trying to avoid feeling lonely. Ask yourself this question: if he lived more than a 10 minute drive away, would you still be with him? If the answer is no, put an end to it.

8. The guy you work with.

He may be perfect for you: handsome, smart, funny and a lover of memes, but you need to keep your professional life and personal life separate. You don't want things to get awkward or be the talk of all the office gossip.

9. The guy who is always coming around at the wrong time.

Sometimes when it seems like the timing is never right it's because you just aren't meant to be with him. Life isn't always fair, but waiting around for someone is just going to hurt more. The perfect guy at the wrong time still is the wrong guy.

10. The guy always asking to borrow 20 bucks.

Oh, don't worry, he always promises to pay you back! Stop telling yourself that. You are a human, not an ATM.

11. The guy you've almost given up on countless times.

You can't remember the amount of times you have told your friends that you're "so done with him." Until he pulls out some romantic gesture and he's back on his last chance again and again. Don't let him jerk you around. You're worth romantic gestures all the time.