11 Games to Play In An Attempt To Ruin Your Friendships

Are your bonds strong enough?

963
1000 Awesome Things

This list wouldn't be complete without Monopoly, but before we get there, there are other games to test the bonds of your friendly love. Here are 11 games to play in an attempt to ruin your friendships:

1. The Counting Game

This game requires nothing but your patience. A common theater game, players sit in a circle and attempt to count, in order, to a designated number. Sounds easy, right? I forgot to mention, if two players say a number at the same time, you have to start over. If you and a friend say 19 simultaneously when the goal was 20, get ready for everyone else's frustration.

2. Egyptian Ratscrew

A common card game that could be explained as a complicated version of war, this game leaves friends' hands hovering over each other's waiting for the kill. Basic rules here.

3. Sardines

An advanced version of hide and seek, in this game, one person hides, and everyone tries to find them. When you find this player, you hide with them. The last person to locate the player loses. Depending on where you play, you will be playing forever.

4. The Color Game

A favorite for when you are at the pool or the beach, this game involves holding your friend in your arms, only to submerge them in water every time they guess the color you have in your head incorrectly. However, when they get the color right, they're headed for an abrupt somersault out of your arms and through the water. I can not confirm the pre-teen who invented this game, nor whether they actually thought it through.

5. B.S.

Your friends are liars. Your siblings are liars. Someone definitely has sets of everything. And this party is almost over. Rules here.

6. Risk

One of your friends has been preparing their strategy for world domination since birth. You are their target practice. Join your friends in their quest for power.

7. Scrabble

One player will love the Scrabble dictionary a little too much.

8. Othello

Not the Shakespeare play. A two player game that is as wonderful as it is evil, one second the board is equal and the next you are losing terribly.

9. Equations

An academic game that divides friends between who knows anything about math and who chose a college based on the amount of math required, this game is not for the faint of heart. PEMDAS never mattered more. Rules here.

10. Presidents

Another academic game that solely relies on your knowledge of U.S. Presidents. No group of friends should actually be playing this. But if you want to apply those trivia skills, be my guest. All you need is a moderator and your brain. However, for best results, some studying may be required. Rules here, if you dare.

11. Monopoly

This little man is your little brother, throwing a tantrum on your back. The king of all friendship ruining games, this game leaves little siblings crying about 80 percent of the time. Not to mention, the banker can't be trusted. Ever.