11 Always Applicable Movie Quotes | The Odyssey Online

11 Always Applicable Movie Quotes

Hidden in every conversation.

249
11 Always Applicable Movie Quotes

I love movies. Comedies, dramas, psychological thrillers, you name it. If it's a movie (with minimal gore) I'll probably watch it. I love movies so much, in fact, that I find myself quoting some of my favorite cinematic lines in every day conversation. I'm able to slide in a reference here or there without anyone batting an eye, only the truly observant are usually able to catch the source of my conversation material. Here are a few of my favorites.

1. "So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

From "Caddyshack"

Bill Murray's delightfully derpy golf course groundskeeper character, Carl Spackler delivers this line whilst handling a pitchfork and telling a story about the time he encountered the Dalai Lama.

2. "The moral of the story is, don't lose your dinosaur."

From "Stepbrothers"

In a moment of motivation, Dr. Doback encourages his son, Dale, and stepson, Brennan, to get onstage at the **insert expletive here** Catalina Wine Mixer and live their "Prestige Worldwide" dreams.

(Just a forewarning, there are an awful lot of Will Ferrel movie quotes on this list).

3. "Did I faint?"

From "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"

After Linus gets a bit too excited, he faints when he hears the sound of what he thinks is the Great Pumpkin, only to discover that it was just Snoopy dressed as the World War I Flying Ace sneaking through the pumpkin patch.

4. "No no no no..."

From "The Lego Batman Movie"

When Alfred suggests that Bruce Wayne-er, Batman get dressed for a party, the dark knight responds in a manner that I am all too familiar with.

5. "If you need any help... I'll be upstairs asleep."

From "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

In which a frustrated Clark Griswold just cannot seem to get his house's Christmas lights to work and his maybe not so helpful father offers him this advice.

6. "Why don't you boys go dig a hole..."

"...and I'll go get me another beer."

From "Talladega Nights- The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"

Ricky Bobby's estranged father gives this response after his grandson's ask if he'd like to take them fishing and tell them stories about his childhood. (Though digging holes can't be that bad, I guess?)

7. "You're mocking me, aren't you?"

From "Toy Story"

Before Buzz Lightyear figures out that he's not a real space ranger *spoilers* a slightly jealous Woody tries to convince the business-only Buzz that he's a toy, and when that doesn't go over well, Woody resorts to a bit of sarcasm.

8. "For once in your life, be cool!"

From "The Simpsons Movie"

After meeting equal parts dreamy, talented, and environmentally conscious Colin, Lisa cannot contain her excitement and simply melts at the young lad's Irish accent.

9. "Snap out of it!"

From "Moonstruck"

Loretta, played by Cher, yells at a lovestruck Ronny, played by Nicholas Cage, to do exactly that.

10. "Where's my record player?"

From "Moonrise Kingdom"

Alright, so maybe it's not the most applicable quote, but if your sister ever runs away with a Khaki Scout and steals your record player, it will make a lot of sense.

11. "I consider myself to be an athlete and sometimes I feel like you guys don't see me that way."

From "Fantastic Mr. Fox"

For those of you that have been paying attention.