10 of the Most Underrated Country Songs

10 of the Most Underrated Country Songs

These aren't the "radio country" songs you're used to.

1286
10 of the Most Underrated Country Songs
Tumblr

There are so many country music songs, but many of them are not known because of the fact that they aren't often played on the mainstream radio stations. Now, that is truly a shame because of the fact that the best ones aren't the ones played on the radio, or at least aren't played a lot on the radio. True country music fans will agree with me that these songs deserve so much more love than they have. To the fans that are just getting into country music or only listen to "radio country," you all need to look up these songs to hear the magic that they are.

1. My Kind of Crazy- Brantley Gilbert

Gilbert is probably best known for his songs like "Small Town Throwdown" and "Bottoms Up" (no, not the Trey Songz one). Many people might not know that he has a sweet side that aids in creating an amazing love song like this. This song epitomizes how every relationship should be. This is one of the few love songs that actually portrays real love and not just a fling.

2. Watching Airplanes- Gary Allan

This song makes you wonder exactly what happened in order for him to sit there and watch the airplanes instead of actually running after the girl. The whole point is to be okay with the decision to let someone go even though you may miss them. The message behind this song of accepting loss without a fight is only one of the many reasons why it should get more love.

3. Stay- Sugarland

Sugarland, especially Jennifer Nettles, is actually amazing in not only performing this song but also acting in this music video (makes you question if it is just acting or something more). At first, you might think this song is about a man leaving his wife for someone else, but YOU'D BE WRONG. This song is actually about a man leaving his lover to go home to his wife. The society that we are in always blames the other woman, and the fact that Nettles sympathizes with the idea that the other woman actually loves the man proves just how amazing this song is.

4. In Color- Jamey Johnson

I think it is fair to say that everyone can somehow relate to the whole story behind this song. Too often, people forget the past and those that got them to where they are today. If it wasn't for your parents and grandparents you wouldn't be here, and hearing the stories that they tell about their past is a way to show you how they lived. This song, personally, reminds me of my grandfather and shows me that I should have cherished his story-telling more, just like how you should cherish this song.

5. This I Gotta See- Jason Aldean

Someone important to me introduced me to this song, and whether it has a music video or not, it deserves more recognition than it gets. Aldean uses this song to prove that you don't only love someone when they are all dressed up waiting to go dancing, but also when they are just lounging at home drinking some iced tea. Through his lyrics, he describes just what true love is and how it ought to be.

6. Famous in a Small Town- Miranda Lambert

Anyone who grew up in a small town can relate to this song, which is exactly why it shouldn't be pushed to the side like it always is. Being from a small town, I love that this song doesn't romanticize it but also doesn't bash it. There's a nice balance between the two which is an amazing feat. Lambert helps to perfectly convey your feelings towards that place. Songs that are relatable are hard to come by so this is a must listen to.

7. He's Mine- Rodney Atkins

Has anyone else really heard a country song about a father and son or is it just fathers and daughters? I love country music, but songs about fathers relationships to their sons are few and far between. I don't always want to hear a song about daddy grabbing his shotgun to scare off all the boys, so this song is perfect since it does the complete opposite. It's even better for those who have seen the close bond that a father and son can have. Those who have and listen to this song know that it perfectly describes that relationship.

8. Made in America- Toby Keith

What's a country music song list without a song about America? Even though many people know this song, and it seems to only come on the radio a lot around Independence Day. It definitely does not receive the recognition it deserves. This song is a masterpiece and should be played all year round to keep everyone in the patriotic spirit.

9. Tough People Do- Trace Adkins

I am not surprised when people don't know this song, but that just shows me that it 100% deserves to be on this list. At any rough point in life, I can listen to this song relentlessly because the meaning behind it is so true. Many people need to learn and live by the ideas of this song. No, tough times don't last, but tough people do. Thank you Trace Adkins.

10. Something to be Proud of- Montgomery Gentry

During a time where college, jobs and everything else is so stressful, people need to realize that happiness and doing your best in life are truly what you should be proud of instead of just degrees and money. This song, even though it is a bit older than the others, will always describe how to live your life to be happy with your decisions and not regret anything.