10 Times Rapunzel And Eugene Were Every Girl's New Dream | The Odyssey Online

10 Times Rapunzel And Eugene Were Every Girl's New Dream

These two may be each other's new dream, but a relationship like theirs' is OUR new dream.

563

In 2010, Disney's Tangled was released in theaters, and since then, our expectations for romantic relationships have skyrocketed. I mean, who didn't watch Eugene Fitzherbert (otherwise known as Flynn Rider) call Rapunzel his new dream and immediately wish for someone to love them like that? Tangled happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time, and after watching it a thousand times - and crying over it every single time - I've decided to take the liberty of compiling every instance in which Rapunzel and Eugene proved that they're total relationship goals.

1. When they finally opened up to each other in an adorable heart-to-heart.

media.giphy.com

Watching these two really open up to each other for the first time is as heartwarming as it is saddening because it makes me wish I had someone like Eugene to open up to.

2. When Eugene looked at her like THIS. I mean, come on!

media.giphy.com

Face it, we all want to be looked at like that.

3. When the two of them ran around Corona together to do anything and everything.

media.giphy.com

Eugene, a thief, even bought her food and souvenirs! If that's not love, then I don't know what is.

4. When they finally reunited after trying to reach each other throughout the majority of the kingdom dance.

media3.giphy.com

The way they smile at each other really is the cutest, don't you think?

5. Have I mentioned the way he looks at her? Because...the way he looks at her.

media.giphy.com

Those heart eyes kill me every single time.

6. When Eugene helped her lifelong dream come true!

media.giphy.com

He even brought her a lantern so that she could contribute to the floating lights she's sought after all this time! Real men could never.

7. The entire lantern scene.

media.giphy.com

Find a man who'll give up his precious satchel for you while singing the sweetest love song ever.

8. When Eugene busted out of prison to save Rapunzel when he realized she was in danger.

media.giphy.com

Face it, we all want a man who'll do just about anything for us, and Eugene definitely fits the bill when it comes to the princess.

9. This scene. That's all.

media.giphy.com

With this one line, romance peaked, and it's gone downhill ever since. Cue the tears!

10. When he was brought back to life by the power of love.

media.giphy.com

Their love is strong enough to defy death, for crying out loud! We can all only dream - see what I did there? - of experiencing a love as powerful as theirs'.

BONUS: When they finally got their happily ever after!

media.giphy.com

Okay, so their wedding is from a short and not the actual movie, but how could I not include it? We all want a fairytale wedding like theirs' deep down...minus Pascal and Maximus losing the rings, of course.