10 Times Grey's Anatomy Made You Cry

10 Times Grey's Anatomy Made You Cry

As Shonda Rhimes continues to take character's lives, we continue to cry.

3496
10 Times Grey's Anatomy Made You Cry
fanpop.com

Grey's Anatomy is a hit television show on ABC Network. It was created by Shonda Rhimes, who might just be the greatest producer of all time. If you have watched Grey's Anatomy from the very beginning, there are multiple times when Shonda Rhimes has broken your heart. We allow ourselves to get attached to the characters, until she kills them off unexpectedly. It is not just a sudden death either, it is a death that kills your soul, and makes you cry until the season is over. If you have not cried once while watching a season of Grey's Anatomy, I honesty do not believe you. Here are ten moments that definitely made you cry while watching Grey's Anatomy.

1. Izzy, "What about me?"

Whenever Izzy begged Denny to live because he was her one true love, that was a truly heartbreaking moment. Izzy and Denny's love story started during the early seasons of Grey's Anatomy, so it was the first emotional twist that we experienced thanks to Shonda Rhimes.

2. Denny dies

Watching the build up to Denny's death makes this moment even worse. The viewers already know what has happened, but Izzy is still riding in the elevator, ready to see Denny. We all thought that Denny was in the clear once he got the surgery, but Shonda Rhimes surprised us in the most tragic way.

3. Henry dies

After going through all that drama with Owen, it looked like Teddy had finally found the one. Henry was such a sweet and kind guy. While Teddy and Henry's relationship started out weird, since she had married him so that he could get the right medical care, she ended up falling in love with him.

4. Pick me

This is not a death, but I know it made you cry. This moment defined Meredith and Derek's relationship throughout the whole show. Love is a fight, but it is worth fighting for. That is what Meredith and Derek stand by as a couple. They are the couple we look up to the most, and they are relationship goals.

5. Meredith almost dies

This was probably one of the scariest moments of the season. We did not expect her to give up, or even fall in the water. We all thought Derek would save her right away, but he did not find out until the last possible second. The season also ends with us not knowing whether she lives. We have to watch Derek break down, and watch her talk to other characters that died. If anything, this brought tears to your eyes.

6. The hospital shooting

The hospital shooting was a moment on Grey's Anatomy that fans will never forget. When Gary Clark arrives at the hospital looking for Dr. Shepard, he takes out anyone in his path. Dr. Reed, Dr. Percy, Dr. Hunt, Dr. Karev, and Dr. Shepard were all shot during this episode, leaving us all on the edge of our seats. Once Derek is shot, Christina has to save his life, but Gary Clark will not allow that. It was a very scary and morbid episode.

7. Lexie dies

There are three moments during the 12 seasons of Grey's Anatomy where I completely lost it and could not stop crying. This is one of those moments. Lexie and Mark were the couple that everyone was rooting for. While they never seemed to get it right, the love was still there for them. While Lexie is dying, Mark finally tells her how much he truly loves her. She was his forever, and this moment destroyed us all. Thank you again Shonda Rhimes.

8. Mark dies

You probably thought things could not get any worse after Lexie's death. Well Shonda Rhimes did it again. After waking up from a coma, Derek believes that Mark is back. However, Mark fell back into another coma and destroyed our happiness. This was the second moment that caused me to sob uncontrollably. Mark was always meant to be with Lexie, and in the end, that's what happened.

9. Bailey's favorite patient dies

After surviving the hospital shooting, Mary Portman has a long life ahead of her. When Mary comes in for a standard procedure, we do not think anything of it. However, Shonda Rhimes throws us another twist that breaks our hearts. Mary does not wake up from the anesthesia, and goes into a coma. Not only was this a sad loss for us, but also for Dr. Bailey.

10. Derek dies

This was the moment that broke my heart, and killed my soul. This was the moment when we all knew Meredith and Derek were done. There would be no happy ending, no miracle surgery, and no continuing love story . We all followed Meredith and Derek's relationship for 11 seasons, and this is what we were left with. No one could ever replace Derek.