10 Throwbacks You Need To Listen To Now | The Odyssey Online

10 Throwbacks You Need To Listen To Now

10 throwbacks to throw on next time you have the aux cord

44
10 Throwbacks You Need To Listen To Now
Photo by gbarkz on Unsplash

While we all have our own tastes in music, there's no denying that there are those select songs that EVERYONE can jam to, no matter your age or preferred genre. For example, Mr. Brightside. Do I even have to defend that point?

Let's face it: If Mr. Brightside comes on, the whole room is dropping what they're doing to scream, "It was only a kiss, IT WAS ONLY A KISS!" You know it, I know it, your mom knows it, and your grandma probably knows it too. The point is, there's a ton of bangers that could bring together an entire room: you might just not know all of them yet.

1. Mr. Brightside by The Killers

Wow. You probably didn't see this one coming. I had to include it in both the introduction and as #1 just to make it a point of how much of a banger this song truly is. The best part about this song is that it's always a safe option when someone gives you the aux cord.

If you ever can't feel out a room and are panicked that people will think your music is sh*t, you can always go with Mr. Brightside to ensure that everyone thinks your aux game is the absolute best ever. You know everyone's going to freak out once they hear the opening riff, and if they don't, why are you hanging out with those people anyway? Don't change the song, it's time to change your friends.

2. DONTTRUSTME by 3OH!3

Don't even pretend like you don't know every word to this song. We all know that the minute you hear the words, "Black dress, with the tights underneath" you drop everything you're doing to yell back, "I GOT THE BREATH OF THE LAST CIGARETTE ON MY TEETH."

3. Shake It by Metro Station

You don't have to lie: we all know that you listen to Metro Station in the shower even though you swear you don't. While it's an old band and you might not know any of their new stuff, there's no denying that Shake It by Metro Station is an absolute classic.

4. I Love College by Asher Roth

This song is always a solid track, especially if you're actually in college. Nothing screams "fraternity brother" quite like knowing all the lyrics to this song. If you don't know this song... are you even really in college?

5. Kiss Me Thru The Phone by Soulja Boy

If you don't have, "678-999-8212" memorized by now, don't even try to call yourself a Soulja Boy fan. Not that you ever really want to call yourself a Soulja Boy fan anyway, but I'm just letting you know that you can't.

6. ONLY by Nicki Minaj

This is a song that you should never play around with children, old people, middle-aged people, really anyone actually. It's probably a good idea to just listen to this one with headphones, given that it is probably one of the most offensive songs you know. On the other hand, if you're trying to lose your voice, learn the lyrics to this song and scream it at the top of your lungs with basically anyone who isn't politically correct.

7. Paper Planes by M.I.A

Not only do you know the words to this song, but there are specific moves you bust out when the chorus comes around. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

8. Over by Drake

Do you know way too many people here right now that you didn't know last year? If so, this song is for you. Pretty much anything from Drake's Thank Me Later album is a jam, but nothing quite compares to Over. You probably know the lyrics by now, considering it has been remixed into about 982 songs: there's really no escaping this rap.

9. TIPSY by J Kwon

Teen drinkin' is, very bad. But do you have a fake I.D though? Probably, actually. Hope it scans!

10. Lose Yourself by Eminem

Are your palms suddenly sweaty? Are your knees weak? Do your arms feel heavy? Have you thrown up an Italian meal your mom cooked you recently? If you answer yes to any of this questions, I think you should consult a doctor immediately...(Just kidding!) and I really hope you see what I did there, otherwise this just sounds weird... Anyway, while this might not be your first choice for a song to play at a party, there's no denying that you know every word to at LEAST the intro.