10 Thoughts All Summer Children Have About Summer - The Odyssey Online

10 Thoughts All Summer Children Have About Summer

Summer Child: someone born during the summer or prefers summer over all other seasons.

28
Kimson Doan

Ahh, yes. Summer. It’s a spectacular time full of holidays, fireworks, sun, and adventures. There are some people who consider themselves Summer Children; they thrive during the summertime. Whether it be because your birthday is in the summer or because summer is their favorite season, Summer Children share some similar thoughts and feelings about the warmest time of the year.

1. The sun feels incredible.

It doesn’t just feel incredible, but it’s a relief to feel the vitamin C hit your skin.

2. Feeling warm is rarely anything more than just an annoyance, especially if you live in a place that’s cold for half of the year.

Being warm is not the problem; being cold is.

3. The cold is horrible.

You could probably do without the cold for the rest of your life… except for Christmas. Maybe.

4. Being in a pool and just relaxing is a good past time for you.

Some people like doing everything in the summertime, others love to relax and recharge. There’s no judgement here.

5. But when you’re not relaxing, you’re going on an adventure or learning something new.

When it’s all bright and sunny, who’s to say you can’t explore your local park or go on a miniature road trip?

6. You have a lot of summer-like clothing.

Thank God for jackets, leggings, tights, and other clothes to layer so you can wear your tank top and shorts through a majority of the year.

7. Cookouts are basically a common occurrence.

Even though cookouts happen regularly, it’s also like a mini-celebration of summer being here. It’s essentially a mini holiday.

8. Summer jobs aren’t as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.

Sure, you aren’t working your dream job (probably), but there’s more hours in the day. If you start in the morning, then you probably won’t be leaving work in the darkness.

9. There’s more daylight hours in the day!

Thank God for the summer because there’s more daylight, which means there’s more time to sit outside and enjoy the sun.

10. When it’s not summer, you’re craving for summer.

Once a summer child, always a summer child. You’ll always have the summer season in your heart, even when it’s dark, cold, and dreary where you live.