10 Things You Witness The Last Week College

We've all witnessed these people or these things occur during the last week of our first year of college.

4360

It's the last full week of the semester, and you're counting down the days until you're done with finals, you get to go home, and it's finally summer. Everyone's beginning to feel the same things, whether it be the uncomfortableness of your freshman year of college coming to a close, after what seemed like the longest weeks of your life, but now months that flew by. Whether it be the sadness of leaving your friends, or relief that classes are coming to an end. Whether it be the stress of going back home to be under your parent's rules again or the extreme excitement of sleeping in your own bed.

Everyone is beginning to get easily irritated and stress levels are through the roof, because of this we all see these 10 people or things occur around campus this last week.

1. The Zombies

Students are walking dead. May Weekend has just passed, and some students drank more in those three days than they have all semester to get it out of their system. No one wants to put in the effort to wear anything other than sweatshirts or gym shorts. Yes I may be wearing last nights make-up, no I have not done laundry in three weeks, and no I don't look like this because I'm hungover, for once it is because I spent all night in the library.

2. Breakdowns

I saw two girls crying next to a printer in the library and a boy walked up to them and asked, "Already?"

3. Starvation

Some students have a ridiculous amount of meal plan money left, and some boys have been at $0 for a few weeks. Shout out to the girls paying for full lines of people in the caf or paying for their best guy friend's every meal.

4. "Selling Meal Plan Money"

Like those girls paying for people in the caf, a lot of students have an over-abundance of meal plan left. I'm not sure how it works out that some kids run out two weeks early or that some have $800 left with a week left, but good luck to the students still trying to sell meal plan money in the Facebook group.

5. Procrastination

There are a few lucky students who have less than a week left, and boy is their work piling up. It's really easy to skip a study session or even one of your last classes when the sun is shining and the quad is full of fellow procrastinating students.

6. The Caffeine-addicts

These students may be drinking 3 cups every hour, I'm not really sure, but they do not stop working. Apparently coffee is all they need to get up for their 8 am and make it to every class, to the library, and not pass out in their textbook.

7. The Adderall-addicts

These students are probably also drinking 3 cups of coffee every hour, except it's probably at crazy hours of the morning due to them being on so much Adderall that they couldn't sleep and pulled an all-nighter, or they took so much Adderall to pull an all-nighter, who knows but you have to do what you have to do to get through finals, am I right? For whom it concerns, I'm talking about 100% prescribed Adderall.

8. The Communications Majors

I'm only saying this because I am a journalism major, while I am writing this I have 7 days left, and all I have left to stress about is an essay that is due tomorrow (instead I'm writing this), but after that essay I have a few days to study for one exam and then I'm done. Very little work, very little stress, but no one lets us forget how little work we have.

9. The Health Science Majors

Yes, we get it, you're a health science major, you have multiple classes that each have a billion labs and a boatload of homework. We get that health science is hard and that you have a lot of work, but we don't need to hear about how much more difficult your major is than ours every second, it just takes away from your study time in the library and will make your super-hard final even harder.

10. The Partiers

Everyone had their last hurrahs but these kids are still going strong. Posting snap stories of them and their friends at basically empty bars or just drinking in their room. These kids have the right idea. I mean, we're all sad that we've had the last of our favorite Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night activities. The hallways already reek of weed so why not keep it going these last few days? What a better way to celebrate the end of the semester than enjoying yourself with your friends who won't see for months?

No matter which of these things you relate to or have witnessed so far, we are all most likely feeling very bittersweet about the year coming to an end. It's crazy to think about how far we've come since moving in that first day in August, and even crazier to think that pretty soon we'll be moving into our new dorms in just a few months.