10 Things To Do In Pittsburgh This Summer | The Odyssey Online

10 Things To Do In Pittsburgh This Summer

Things to do in the city you love most.

14
Gia Bitonti

Are you bored this summer? Here are 10 things to do in the city you love most!

1. Visit Sandcastle and Kennywood

Us Yinzers are lucky enough to have both a waterpark and an amusement park in our backyard. If you visit Sandcastle after 3 p.m. and Kennywood after 5 p.m. you can get a discounted pass price to visit these two attractions!

2. Go See a Pirate Game

Pretty self-explanatory, right? Every Pittsburgh native should see at least one Bucco’s game each summer. With some tickets being less than $25 a person, it’s a fun night for the entire family!

3. Just Ducky Tours

This is something else that can be done for less than $25 a person, and it’s Pittsburgh’s only land and water tour. It is a fun Pittsburgh experience for the summertime.

4. Visit the South Side

The South Side in Pittsburgh is a very versatile place. Visit the South Side during the day for shopping and lunch if you can afford to spend a little money, or walk around/sit by the fountain at the South Side Works/window shop for the day if you’d rather not spend any cash. Visit South Side during the night for an unforgettable party scene with your closest friends.

5. Spend the Day at The Point

Point State Park is an iconic Pittsburgh landmark, and there are many ways to have fun here! You can go hiking, boating, or biking along the three rivers, or you can sit out by the fountain and catch some rays and enjoy the water. Anything you chose to do here will be a trip well spent.

6. Take a Trip to Mt. Washington

Walk along the hillside, take in the iconic city skyline at one of the lookouts, or ride the incline… even have a picnic in one of the grassy areas or have an upscale dinner / lunch in one of the restaurants overlooking Pittsburgh. The view you get from Mt. Washington is priceless (literally if you choose to not spend any money there!).

7. Put a Lock on the Clemente Bridge

Walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge, take in the wonderful view of PNC Park, and place a lock on the bridge while you are at it! The lock can be just for yourself, one with you significant other, your best friend, or your family. Make sure you put your name(s) on the lock, and you can find it on the bridge when you are passing through for years to come.

8. Watch a Show

Catch a concert at Stage AE or CONSOL Energy Center or watch a play/musical at the Byham Theater or Benedum Center. The possibilities are endless and a concert or play is an experience you do not want to miss out on.

9. Embark on a Lights, Camera, Pittsburgh! Tour

Pittsburgh is a very iconic place for movies to be filmed because of the vast options for scenery. Pittsburgh actually has a tour called Lights, Camera, Pittsburgh! that takes movie buffs around to all of the filming sights for some of the most memorable Pittsburgh filmed movies. Although this tour is a great one, it is only offered once a summer (July 2); however, you can find other tour dates here (http://www.pghtoursandmore.net/Products.html).

10. Visit The Strip District

The Strip District is one of the only places a Pittsburgher can eat foods from around the world and shop styles from around the world all in the same day and all at the same place. Find the cheapest black and gold gear, eat at some of the famous Pittsburgh restaurants, or just walk the strip and take in the experience… it is one you will not regret.