10 Things To Cross Off Your List Before Summer Ends

Your next couple of weeks are going to be pretty jam packed!

26
WERSM

It seems as though we always make these grand plans of everything that is going to happen over the summer. Well sometimes these don't happen, simply because our couch and Netflix seem to be much more tempting than leaving the comfort of our own homes. Once you can look in the mirror and say, "I have spent the entire summer in front of the TV" is when you should probably get to this list before your classes start again!

1. Get Out of Town

I understand how this can be difficult to do, especially if you feel like there is not anywhere interesting to go around your own town or maybe you feel like it is an all day commitment and that's too hard to do, but I want to tell you that it really can be so much fun!

Call up some friends, ask them to go, and DO make a day of it! Don't think that just because you have not seen your couch all day means that it won't be there when you get back! Hours of Netflix and couch-laying will be awaiting your return! Go enjoy your state!

2. Take a Hike

This plays off the first suggestion slightly – along the lines of exploring your state. Maybe in order to go on the hike, you have to leave your city! I often think that I am far too lazy to complete any kind of hike whether it is along a flat trail or up a mountain, but either way, once I do, I feel great!

I think that you should definitely find a trail near you and just spend a few hours outside with some friends or alone (whichever you prefer) and let yourself really take in the views that Earth has to offer!

3. Go Stargazing

This could be a great date night idea or perfect for someone who just wants a relaxing night without all the hustle and bustle of other people. Though technically you are getting off your couch only to go lay down in some grass, it still stimulates the mind so much more than melting it away with TV shows!

4. Go to a Concert

Whether it's a full blown concert at some huge venue in your town, or a small one that happens to be a local park with local bands, take the time to go out and have fun! Nothing like that happening around you? If there is a place close enough, make it a trip!

Grab your friends, drive out, spend the night, live in the moment! It's a great way to solidify those summer friendships as real lifetime friends.

5. Have a Fling

Ah, yes. Summer Love. Since summer is almost already over, if you have not met your fairy tale summer time beach love just yet, this summer might not be the one! That doesn't mean you can't go out and enjoy another person with no strings attached! If you're not one to hook up, then this number you can skip over, but it's often times freeing to feel independent but still have some fun!

6. PARTY (responsibly)

There is always something going down in the neighborhood, so whether you've been friends for years or you've recently connected and in the process of bonding, head over to a party or host one of your own to get everyone together before the school year starts! If a party is not your forte, then check out number 10!

7. Go to the Beach

Beaches are hard to come by without the necessary items like the sea or ocean and sand, but there are a lot of lakes around if you find yourself in the middle of US as I am. Though I definitely would not recommend going swimming in some of these lakes, a day out there is really quite fun!

It makes you feel like that for a day, you were able to leave your town and simply relax... Maybe while at the beach in Hawai'i with the water a light blue, surrounded by all your friends... Yeah, maybe that's not the case, but it doesn't hurt to try make the fantasy into reality! Work with what you have!

8. Try a New Food

Ever had sushi? Maybe you can try crickets! Whatever your heart may not desire... TRY IT! It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but definitely get out of your comfort zone!

9. Go to a Drive-In Theatre

I know that not a lot of these are around anymore, but you can still find one! And if you can't? Make your own! No one said that you had to have a professional theatre to show the movie! You can always take your laptop out, sit in the trunk of your car, in the grass, in the bed of your truck, etc... doesn't matter! Date night idea part 2?

10. End of Summer BBQ

If you aren't one for huge parties, then this is definitely something that you have to do! I think that doing this at the end of the summer, having everyone bring something, playing the music loud and grilling outside while everyone catches up on the shows that they binge-watched... But hopefully everyone is talking about those awesome times you all had while completing everything else on the list... Have fun!!