10 Things That Need To Come To Tucson | The Odyssey Online

10 Things That Need To Come To Tucson

What Does it Take to get a Nordstrom?!?

85
10 Things That Need To Come To Tucson

Tucson, Arizona, the place that I have called my home for the four years of attending college here. Throughout the years living here, you could say that I definitely have a hate/love relationship with Tucson, also known as the "Dirty T." (And you would be surprised how accurate that nickname actually is)

Yes, I know Tucson has great hikes such as Tumamoc Hill and Seven falls, hole-in-the-wall Taco shops, the luxurious foothills with the known La Encantada shopping mall, nice resorts such as the La Paloma Lowes and you can't forget about the beautiful sunsets you see almost every night here. Although my love for this town has grown stronger throughout the years, there are always some places that you just can't help but want in Tucson.

1. A Beach

What a girl would do to get some water around here!?! Yes I know the desert is beautiful, but there is only so many cacti that you can look at! A beach coming to a college town would provide free things to do on the weekend, tanning at its finest and a perfect place for a dayger.

2. Nordstrom

Dillard's and Macy's just don't compare to what Nordstrom's offers. Ask anyone, Nordstrom is the best and would make Park Place or Tucson Mall a whole different shopping experience. Confession: I have driven 2 hours to Scottsdale just to go to Nordstrom's... #Necessity

Headline & Cover Photo

3. Baked By Melissa Cupcakes

Baked By Melissa is out east in New York and is way too far from Tucson, Arizona. Sprinkles Cupcakes up in Scottsdale is a close second to Baked By Melissa, but nothing can compare with Melissa's unique flavors and miniature bite size cupcakes... (and it is totally okay to eat the whole box in one sitting)

4. Last Chance Clearance Store

Other known as the "Nordstrom Rack-Rack" Or basically the place to get Tory Burch Sandals for $30, Micheal Kors Purse's for $45, and Buckle Jeans for only $40. This store would change everything in how girls shop for their designer clothes and accessories. Again, this is located in Scottsdale and you betcha I would drive to get it.

5. Chop Shop

This is the Whole Foods meets AJ's meets Trader Joes, basically the all-time healthiest restaurant you can ever imagine. Their menu is huge and you don't feel bad about eating a lot of food there because it's so healthy-- what more can you want?

6. Snow

Growing up in Colorado, you know I miss the snow! I'm not asking for a blizzard or anything, just some simple white powder on the ground. Just enough to pull out my cute un-worn scarf with UGG boots, holding a hot chocolate. #basic

7. Brandy Melville

Basically a candy shop for a basic betch (myself included). This "one size fits all" store includes the comfiest leisure but also cute clothing any Tucson girl would love to go to.

8. A Concert Arena

Yes, I know we have the Realto Theater downtown, but that only holds maybe 200 people which is nothing compared to what Tucson could have. We need a legit concert arena good for any type of music. Now, all we need to get are some artist's!

9. Water Park

For a hot place like Tucson, a water park would be the perfect addition. It would be another place to tan and have a good time! A water park in the desert would be pretty cool.

10. A Draining System

This is a little addition, but extremely needed. Cheers for no more jumping over rivers to get to classes

Although the Dirty T might be a little dirty in some places, but it is home to the Wildcats and what more could you want. Bear Down.