10 Things I Love About The Holidays

10 Things I Love About The Holidays

'tis the season

29
10 Things I Love About The Holidays
Plan wall paper

The holidays are here! And in the hustle and bustle of the crazy season, there is an abundance of things to love about it all! Here are 10 things I love about this time of year.

1. Christmas music

It makes even the bad days this time of year feel festive. It brings back so many memories every time it comes on the radio. I've always loved the music, just as long as I don't hear it until after Thanksgiving!

2. Baking sweet treats

Roll out the sugar cookie dough and break out the cookie cutters. Grab the sprinkles and make what are the prettiest looking cookies, until you go sprinkle crazy and next thing you know, you have more sprinkles than cookies. Don't forget the spritz cookies!

3. Christmas tree shopping

Every year we go to a big farm with an abundance of trees. We stomp around in the cold and look at every contender. It has to be the perfect height, not too tall and not too short. But if it's been more than 10 minutes, we are over the excitement.

4. Decorating the tree

It may take a few weeks to actually put the tree up, but once it is I can't wait to decorate it! I love going through our boxes of ornaments, laughing, smiling and talking about our memories with each one.

5. Shopping for gifts

I may be awful at gift giving, but I still love shopping. I love being on the hunt for the perfect gift. And when it becomes difficult it just makes finding the right gift even better.

6. Wrapping presents

Crowded malls and shopping centers, I'll pass, but wrapping the gifts? Sign me up! I love picking out the different wrapping paper and the bows, making sure the gift looks perfect! Because you know, it's not like anyone is going to ruin it...

7. Playing games with the family

Every year we always play a variety of games. Sometimes we try new ones and sometimes we break out the old but good ones. One of my favorites has always been Spoons, as we all jump across the table to reach the last spoon.

8. Driving around to see the Christmas lights

Each house is different and unique. The different colors and patterns, the blow-up decorations. They all make the season so festive.

9. Family time

Although I am off at college now, and this season is a whole different experience, I still enjoy the extra family time. My family makes it a point year round to come together and enjoy each other's presence, but not everyone comes until the Holidays. From Thanksgiving to Christmas is always my favorite. I get to see my whole family come together and knowingly dedicate our time to being thankful for each other and for the life our Lord has given us.

10. Waking up on Christmas morning

Every Christmas morning feels extra special. The morning is quiet and peaceful. My grandparents come out in the morning and we all exchange gifts, and watch as the floor quickly becomes covered in wrapping paper, boxes and our curious pets. We then sit and eat breakfast, baked french toast... yes that is just as amazing as it sounds. Christmas morning is what sets the whole day, it starts the warm and fuzzy feeling of Christmas.