10 Things That Are Less Expensive Than My College Textbooks For This Semester

Is my education really worth more than 100 Chipotle burritos?

29
Kodiak College

Everyone knows that college textbooks are expensive. They're one of the things college students hate the most, followed closely by 8:30 a.m. classes, poor dining hall food and walking to class in the snow or rain. However, once I saw the cost of my textbooks for this semester (before scavenging Amazon for $0.01 used copies, of course) I seriously regretted not appreciating free textbooks in high school while I had them.

In honor of that grand total and the textbook-buying time of the year, I've put together a list of ten things that are less expensive than my textbooks for this semester.

1. 267 Cups of Starbucks Coffee

I can guarantee I would get more use out of these than my textbooks this semester.

2. 109 Chipotle Burritos

As long as you don't order anything pricey like steak, but regardless, that's over 100 burritos.

3. 2 Tickets to see Hamilton

Hamilton can be seen in Chicago right now for an average of $250 per ticket. If you're too lazy to do the math, that's only about a third of the price of my textbooks.

4. A New iPhone 7 in Rose Gold

Already cracked your screen? No worries, you can get a new phone for less than the price of your textbooks for a semester.

5. A Trip to Disney World

A round-trip flight to Orlando, a day pass to the amusement park and one night in a hotel, all for less than the price of my textbooks.

6. Parking Passes For Your Entire Miami University Career

Those textbooks will only last a semester, but for that price you could get a parking pass for four years instead—or even five years, if you're not in a hurry.

7. 88 Months of Netflix Subscription

That's more than 7 years of Netflix.

8. 7 Pairs of Lululemon Leggings

For all those times you tell yourself you're going to go to the gym, then don't.

9. Amazon.com Stock

Thought you couldn't afford to play the stock market because you're a broke college student? Think again. And lastly...

10. 710 Pitchers at Beat

As long as you get there before 2, otherwise make that 355.