10 Things Donald Trump Said That Would Destroy Anyone's Campaign | The Odyssey Online

10 Things Donald Trump Said That Would Destroy Anyone's Campaign

Who ever is writing this political satire has one sick sense of humor.

19
NBC News

OK, it's no secret that I dislike Donald Trump. Everything the man stands for is the complete and total opposite of what I feel. However, I do have one positive thing to say about Trump, and it is not about him being a successful business man or anything like that. Donald Trump has an amazing ability; he is able to say horrific, terrible things that would destroy anyone’s campaign, yet he finds himself as the Republican nominee for president and has a strong supporting. It is absolutely mind boggling, because somehow it is real. It is almost like a political version of Mel Brooks’ “The Producers." In fact, I’m clearly not the only person to see this (trust me, you want to click this link).

Right now, I want to go through ten terrible, controversial things that Donald Trump has said, things that have had no affect on his candidacy; in fact, it might of even helped grow his support.

1. The Great Wall of Mexico

Yep, Donald Trump started sprinting out of the gates when it came to his offensive comments during his campaign. At Donald Trump’s first press conference, where he announced he would be seeking the Republican nomination besides just declaring that he is really rich, he started his offensive comments. Trump began talking about immigration, declaring that he will build a wall on the Mexican border and make Mexico pay for it. Trump then began to say that Mexican immigrants are “bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, [and] they’re rapists” So one could assume that Donald Trump doesn’t think too highly of Mexicans, and if that comment didn’t convince you, this one just may. When a Mexican-American judge was hearing the case against Trump University, Donald Trump had a lot of negative things to say against them. Trump said that “Judge Curiel should be ashamed of himself. I think it is a disgrace he is doing this. The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican.” Wow, this comment was viewed so negatively that even Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House, said it was racist.

2. Banning of All Muslims

If there is recurring theme with Donald Trump, it is that he doesn’t like any culture that isn’t white and christian. After the widespread fear of ISIS growing around the world Donald Trump decided take a stance on radical Islam. Except he didn’t just take a stance against radical Islam, he took a stance against Islam itself. Donald Trump is quoted for having a call on “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” Sure, ‘cause that’s the answer, Trump.

3. Mocking Disabled Reporter

Serge Kovaleski is a reporter for the New York Times. Writing for one of the most prestigious papers in the world, Kovaleski has to be extremely intelligent, so he could clearly see through the B.S. that is Donald Trump. However, Kovaleski suffers from a physical disability, and that is something Trump clearly can’t see through. When Kovaleski asked him a question Trump responded by mocking him. “Now the poor guy, you gotta see this guy. [gesticulates and imitates] ‘Ahh, I don’t know what I said! I don’t remember!’ He’s going ‘I don’t remember’." I don’t really think there is anything I can say about this, but if just reading what he said isn’t enough to make you hate this man, then maybe watching it will.

4. Misogyny Against Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump

It was really no secret before Trump was running for president that he is a pig. This is the man that said he would like to date his daughter if she wasn’t his daughter. You think the man would have enough common sense to try and tone down his misogyny while running for president, you know, to not alienate half of the population. After the Democratic debate on December 20, when Hillary Clinton took a bathroom break, Donald Trump said “I know where she went - it’s disgusting, I don’t want to talk about it, No it’s too disgusting. Don’t say it, it’s disgusting.” Donald, you know guy’s use the bathroom too, right? Also when discussing the reporter Megyn Kelly, Donald Trump said “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever.” Jeez. Well who knows? Maybe Trump still thinks women don’t have the right to vote. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.

5. Encouraging Violence

Donald Trump is bad, but sometimes I think the people who support him are worse. Throughout his entire campaign Trump's supporters have not been tolerant towards peaceful protesters with many of them starting fights. In one case where there was a protester Trump asked one of his supporters to “knock the hell out of them. Seriously, I promise you, I will pay the legal fees.”

6. Calls the pope “Disgraceful”

It is no secret that a large number of republicans are religious, with a large chunk being catholic. The Republican party and the catholic church have very similar ideas. However, with there being a new pope, Pope Francis, things have begun to change. Francis has been viewed as being more progressive, discussing topics that no other pope would ever touch. When the Pope respectfully made a comment against Donald Trump, Trump couldn’t help but reply, except he wasn’t as respectful. Trump tweeted out “If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which everyone knows is their ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been president because this would not have happened. For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful." Let me just say that I know people that are atheists, that do not like the Catholic church, and even they wouldn’t have the audacity to say that to the pope.

7. Calls to Repeal The First Amendment

It is very obvious that a large part of the media dislikes Trump, but I mean how can’t you with the terrible things he has said. When the New York Times and The Washington Post published articles that Trump didn’t like, Trump wouldn’t allow journalists from both papers to enter any of his rallies and press conferences. On the topic Trump said “If I become president, oh, do they have problems. I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.” OK, this comment really doesn’t get the attention it deserves. In this comment Trump is literally threatening to bypass the freedom of the press, something in the bill of rights that was written by the founding fathers. If Trump is actually elected and somehow manages to do this, we are one large step closer to calling Trump “Big Brother."

8. Endorsed By David Duke and Kim Jong Un

Like I said earlier, this election is strongly beginning to resemble Mel Brooks’ “The Producers." Well this is definitely one of the most “Producers” moment. Donald Trump was endorsed by both David Duke and Kim Jong Un. For those that don’t know, David Duke is a member of the Ku Klux Klan, a white supremacy group with an infamous history of violence towards minorities, specifically African-Americans. Kim Jong Un is the crazy, fascist dictator of North Korea, the country that threatens to blow us up every weekend. If this isn’t a major red flag for Donald Trump supporters, what will be? An endorsement from Hitler? Satan himself?

9. Asks Russia to Hack Hillary Clinton’s Email

OK, I think everyone in the U.S. knows that Hillary Clinton doesn’t know how to work her email. Clinton has been under federal investigation for forwarding her emails from the private government server used during her time as Secretary of State to her personal email, on the public Google server. After the FBI investigation, they did not charge her. Still, Donald Trump and many Republicans are convinced she should be charged. Donald Trump decided to take the extra step and asked Vladimir Putin and Russia to hack Clinton’s email. Last time I checked, that’s an act of treason, and I think that’s a little worse.

10. Attack on Khan Family

Last but not least is Donald Trump’s comment against the Khan family. I decided to have this be the last on the list; the reason being, it may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. During the Democratic National Convention, two of the speakers were Khizr and Ghazala Khan. Their son was Army Capt. Humayun Khan, a U.S. soldier who was killed in 2004 by a suicide bomber in Iraq. The Khan family spoke at the convention to challenge Trump’s proposed Muslim ban. Khizr said that “If it were up to Donald Trump [Humayun] never would have been in America,” and told Trump, “You have sacrificed nothing and no one.” Well, of course, Trump had to respond back. Trump responded by saying, “I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard.” He then attacked Ghazala, who remained silent during the speech, saying “maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say.”

Finally, it seems like something is effecting Trump negatively. There has been major backlash from both political parties, backlash from veterans (who statistically lean to the right) and his poll numbers have dropped. Maybe we have finally slayed the beast.