10 Summertime Expectations, As Told By "Parks And Rec" | The Odyssey Online

10 Summertime Expectations, As Told By "Parks And Rec"

Who needs sleep when you have sand, the sun, and a few good friends?!

75

There's something about summer. Maybe it's the later sunset, maybe it's the warm weather, the pool days, or the lightening bugs. Regardless, summer brings on a certain nostalgia. And with that, a childlike hope for a fun-filled couple of months to come. These expectations are best told by none other than the fun-filled characters from our favorite uninhibited mockumentary, "Parks and Recreation."

1. Treat Yo Self

You've been working all year! These are our glory days! Buy that tanning bed membership, get that new bathing suit, get in that car and drive to the beach! There is no wrong way, just treat yo self!

2. That Crazy Friend

There's always that one. You know the one... always shows up, and nobody invited them? Gets there with a half drank bottle of tequilla, and it's obvious that the rest was just recently ingested? Regardless of how strange that friend is, summer is never the same without them. And you really enjoy having them at every event during the summer.

3. Booze

Speaking a tequilla, it's the juice of life and bad decisions. Really any booze is a good booze when it's summertime. Sit by the pool, have your (non-breakable) cup filled with your mix of choice, and enjoy life as it passes you by!

4. Tie-Dye

Tie-dye is the universal pattern for "fun and fabulous" when it's 102 degrees out with 97% humidity. And extra props if you had a tie-dye party and made your own.

5. Fashion

In the summer heat, us women typically gravitate towards sun dresses and shorts (often short shorts). It's mostly due to the fact that if you wear anything else, you will melt into your clothes. But there's also a little bit of "let me show my tan off" that none of us will deny. Our whole wardrobe changes in the summer, it's like that inner you (Linda) has come to town.

6. Girls Nights

For some reason, girls night happens more in the summer. Maybe its the fact that you can be outside with your girls, drinking, gossiping, all before the sun goes down. Us girls gotta stick together, even if it's mainly in the summer time.

7. Gossip

It's the best part of summer! Like for real! You keep up with the Kardashians, the Olson twins, Jenny From The Block, and Allison from across the street that has a little drug problem. Getting together and talking about other peoples problems make mine seem so much smaller!

8. Sleep Depirvation

Who needs sleep when you have sand, the sun, and a few good friends?! Stay out late with your pals, get up and go to work, have dinner and drinks with them again the next night! There was one summer that I spent so much time with the same friends, I would be with them more than I was at work. It was glorious!

8. Freedom

When someone says "you probably shouldn't do that", but Linda has taken control and doesn't care what happens.

9. More Booze

It's the official drink of the summer! Didn't you know?!

10. Iced Coffee

All of the iced coffee to the rescue!! What's the cure for that dreaded hang over? Iced coffee. Or your sleep deprivation? Iced coffee. The summer time answer is always iced coffee. And it's even better when friends bring it to you!

Reality: