10 Signs That You Are Adulting - The Odyssey Online

10 Signs That You Are Adulting

When you realize being an adult is hard work.

78
10 Signs That You Are Adulting
HelloGiggles

Becoming an adult is scary. Why would we want to grow up and take on the responsibly of paying bills, budgeting your money, and working every single day?

1. When you start paying attention to the price on the receipt

The struggle of making little to no money and spending a night out with your friends and praying the bill doesn’t go over your fixed budget of $25.

2. Collecting coupons is now your favorite activity

Those coupons on the end of your CVS receipt are now seen as the holy grail when it comes to shopping. Saving as much money as possible is what matters most. Protect those extra bucks and coupons!

3. When you spend your weekends staying in and drinking wine

Your weekends went from going out and partying to staying in with a glass of wine and watching the perfect chick flick. ( easy A)

4. You have a full-time office job

When you finally get your first adult job that requires you to work 9-5 and also a cubicle to call your own. You start to feel like your important and everything you learned in college is going to pay off.

5. Buying your first car

One of the best accomplishments you could ever complete. Having something to call your own but then releasing you have to pay all the bills that come along with the new ride. But right now buying the car trumps everything that comes with it.

6. Telling your friends your busy, but really pinning on Pinterest

Pinterest in the life you always wanted and one day you truly believe you will get everything on that Pinterest board. Sometimes Pinterest trumps hanging out with friends, because one day you know it will all be worth it when you get at least one thing from the thousand on pins.

7. You find that pubs are way better than clubs

Clubs are overrated, to claustrophobic and too many sloppy drunks. Pubs can be a good time but in a laid-back atmosphere, plus you don’t have to get all dressed up.

8. You start making your own appointments

Your parents no longer have to make your appointments. They don’t have to call and remind you about that doctor’s appointment you have tomorrow. You feel joy & happiness that you accomplished getting to the doctors all by yourself.

9. You make sure your taxes are done

Getting taxes back is like an early Christmas gift. You know that the money you get back will go straight towards the bills you need to pay. Once that is done you hope that there will be money left over to go out with the girls.

10. Your planner becomes your everything

Remember when planners were bought because they looked cute? Yeah, those days are officially over. Nowadays without having that planner, your life would be completely over. That planner has everything from where you need to be when you need to be there and sometimes even remind you what day of the week it is.