10 Of The Most Romantic Places In Asheville To Enjoy With Your Significant Other

Love is in the air!

1057
Yes, Dear. Studio

Love is in the air! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's time to start planning the perfect romantic day with "bae." (Don't judge me, it rhymed and I got it excited.) If you're feeling stressed over finding the perfect spot for a romantic date, I have the solution! Here is a list of my top 10 favorite romantic locations in Asheville, North Carolina.

1. The Blue Ridge Parkway

Whether you decide to enjoy a leisurely drive, take a day hike, or go exploring for waterfalls, the Blue Ridge Parkway offers romantic overlooks and break taking views that are perfect to enjoy with your significant other. The parkway has no entrance fee and is perfect for the couple who wants to bask in the beauty of the great outdoors. The Blue Ridge Parkway Guide and the Hikes and Walks Guide will help you find the perfect drives, trails, and waterfalls. Pro tip: Hike to the top of the Pinnacle at Craggy Gardens and enjoy a romantic evening while watching the sunset together.

2. Asheville's Salt Cave

Constructed from 100 percent all-natural salt that is self-sustaining and continually growing, this unique spa offers an experience like none other. Asheville's Salt Cave provides a meditative experience that is ideal for the couple that wishes to escape the chaos of the outside world and immerse themselves in a deep healing experience.

3. Asheville Botanical Gardens

Looking for a leisurely stroll and the perfect place to enjoy a romantic picnic? Located on the campus of the small liberal-arts school, UNC Asheville, this garden is just a few miles from downtown Asheville. Within only 10 acres of land, the garden features approximately 600 species of plants that are native to the Southern Appalachians. The botanical gardens feature a short half-mile loop that takes you across quaint bridges, through flourishing meadows, and into wildflower coves -- a quintessential date for young lovers.

4. Biltmore Estate

This elegant estate contains 75 acres of beautiful gardens, a winery, shopping, dining, four star accommodations, hiking trails, and the stunning 250-room Biltmore House. Whether you and your loved one take a stroll through the lavish grounds of Biltmore, share an ice cream cone at the charming ice cream parlor, enjoy a private carriage ride together, or tour the exquisite winery, there are numerous exciting adventures to be had at Biltmore. Click here to visit its website and learn more about current events and ticket pricing.

5. Fired Up! Creative Lounge

Looking for a way to explore your creative side but don't want to do it alone? Plan a date at Fired Up! and you and your better half can create one-of-a-kind glass fused art, mosaics, or even hand-painted pottery. Even if you aren't the most artistic duo, Fired Up! provides stencils, stamps, samples, and idea books to get your creative juices flowing.

6. The River Arts District

Located in West Asheville, the River Arts District accommodates 185 talented artists in 25 converted warehouses and industrial buildings that work day and night to create unique and beautiful artwork. Begin your date by walking through the industrial galleries that are home to uniquely crafted paintings, sculptures, textiles, furniture, mosaics, photography, you name it! Then, grab a bite a to eat at one of the River Arts District's tasty restaurants including the Clingman Cafe, 12 Bones Smokehouse, White Duck Taco Shop, and the Wedge Brewery.

7. The Omni Grove Park Inn

This location is perfect for a romantic evening and the culinary experience of a lifetime. With luxurious dining options ranging from delicious small plates and entrees at The Edison to a picturesque dining experience at the Sunset Terrance, dining at the Omni Grove Park Inn is the perfect date for the couple that wants dinner with a view.

8. Fine Arts Theatre

This nostalgic theater in downtown Asheville is the perfect place to watch the latest independent or foreign film with your plus-one. Comprised of just two auditoriums, the theater offers matinee and evening performances for the couple looking to escape the big-budget studio films.

9. Dobra Tea

This one may be surprising to many of you as a local tea shop may not seem to be very romantic. However, Dobra Tea's intimate setup and cozy seating provide the perfect atmosphere for cuddling up and enjoying a warm cup of tea with your loved one. Dobra's extensive menu offers hundreds of exotic loose leaf tea varieties along with deliciously crafted pastries and small plates. Click here to visit its website and get directions to one of the three locations in Western North Carolina.

10. French Broad Chocolate Lounge

Spend the evening basking in the decadence of chocolate at the quaint lounge that you will never want to leave. The French Broad Chocolate Lounge is the quintessential place to share a piece of decadent Highland mocha stout chocolate cake and a warm mug of liquid chocolate truffle with your better half. Pro tip: You and your boo don't have to be lovers of chocolate to visit this exquisite dessert lounge. Their highly overlooked yet extremely delicious carrot cake, delectable little shortbread cookies, and creamy cheesecake are just as good as their chocolate goodies.

I must admit, with all the truly amazing and fun things to do in Asheville, creating this list was really difficult; Asheville is nicknamed "Love Town" after all!