10 Reasons I'm Going To Miss OSU This Summer | The Odyssey Online

10 Reasons I'm Going To Miss OSU This Summer

OSU is my second home.

25

After months of making Ohio State my home, it is going to be weird to be away from it for so many months. Although there are so many things I am excited for this summer, I am going to miss being here. Ohio State has so much to offer. Some are obvious from the day you get here, and others take awhile to discover.

1. The Sauna

The sauna is probably the best spot on campus. After a period of eating poorly, going out, or being sick the sauna is the right place to be. You sweat out all of the toxins in your body, and leave feeling more refreshed than ever. This is also a time for some peace and quiet. However, the best part by far is the feeling you get when you step out of the sauna. The air outside the sauna that felt like just normal air before now feels like the freshest, and coldest air you were hoping for the whole time.

2. Broccoli Cheddar Soup

The broccoli cheddar soup can be found all over campus. Whether it be the special at the RPAC, the Marketplace, or the Union this is the soup that you always hope they have. It is the cherry on top of whatever meal you are eating.

3. Explaining How Far I Live From NYC

When you tell someone out of New York that you are from there, the most common question is "how far are you from the city?". A good follow up to that is "do you go there often?". These basic question always amaze me and remind me that not everyone grew up in the same environment as me. It reminds me of what a diverse school OSU is and how much we all have to learn about each other.

4. Bullwinkles

Bullwinkles is the place to be. All of the best memories started with a night at Bullwinkles. The line might be out the door, but once you're in it is the most fun you will have. Best music, pizza, and if you are likely you might catch some of the football players out. You don't find a place like this at home.

5. The Oval Beach

The Oval is the perfect place to sit, relax, and tan with your friends. This huge open area is perfect for this and is so convenient. At home this will be much harder to attain.

6. School Spirit

Although this may be an obvious one, the school spirit is something that is there every day, and something that will be missed. Seeing every car with an OSU sticker, or every person wearing OSU gives you a sense of pride everyday when you walk through campus. It's everywhere. It reminds you everyday of the strong Buckeye family. I am dreading going home and seeing Michigan stickers everywhere.

7. Postmates

Postmates is the best app there is at OSU. At any time, if you are hungry Postmates is there. They have every restaurant you could imagine, and is done all through the app. It is so convenient that having to call and order your food over the phone seems like a huge burden at this point.

8. Dining Dollars

Any on-campus food allows you the option of dining dollars. If you want a coffee, water, or croissant this option is available. This allows you to buy these things without taking money out of your pocket. At home this is not the case.

9. Always Having Someone To Hangout With

The biggest change from high school to college is that you are constantly surrounded by people. Although at times you may need some space, it is a privilege that a lot of us take for granted. In college there is always someone there to go eat, study, or even go the CVS with. You never feel like you are alone. Definitely will miss it this summer.

10. The Beauty

The beauty of Ohio State never gets old. Every day while walking around you just feel blessed that you are here at this campus. The beauty is inside and out, from the people who go here to the actual campus itself it is amazing all around.