10 Perfect Things To Do On A Rainy Day | The Odyssey Online

10 Perfect Things To Do On A Rainy Day

Sometimes the weather cancels your plans for the day, so its up to you to change them.

63
10 Perfect Things To Do On A Rainy Day
www.CoxCleaning.com

Sometimes Mother Nature decides to cancel your plans of mowing the yard or going to the park for the day. Now, for some people, that would mean the whole day is ruined. Can't really take that midday stroll when theres more water on your clothes than in your water bottle in five minutes. But for others, this is just an opportunity to do some things that may be even better than that little walk of yours.

Here is a list of 10 perfect things to do on a rainy day.

1. Catch up on some missed TV Shows

We all have our favorite TV shows that we love to watch. But sometimes, we get busy and miss new episodes of those shows. As the grind continues week to week, many fall behind and have no hope of ever finding out what happened to *insert Soap Opera Character here.* However, when the rain keeps you in, keep the popcorn popping.

2. Pick up a book you've been wanting to read. And make it an actual book

Some of the best entertainment in the world does not take place in a stadium or on a screen. It happens on good old fashioned paper. With technology all around us, we seem to forget where the tv shows or movies draw their inspiration. There's nothing more satisfying than feeling the paper move between your fingers as the rain taps against the window, giving you the perfect ambient noise.

3. Finish those chores you've been putting off for a week now

You know which ones I mean. Whether it be laundry, dishes, or organizing your old Pokemon Card collection. Okay, that last one may just be me, but the point is still there. Just because the rain keeps you from being productive outside, doesn't mean you can't be productive inside.

4. Watch your favorite movie over and over

We all have a movie that, given the chance, we would watch all day. Well, a good rainy day could give you that opportunity. Watch that movie that makes you an ugly crier. Or watch the movie that brings out the hyena in your laugh. Who cares? It's just you, and only you can judge you at that point.

5. Get some much needed sleep in time

If your day that was supposed to start at 8 am sharp to go to the amusement park gets slashed because of an unexpected thunderstorm, there's only one thing left to do: Go back to sleep! Sleep in, take your time getting out of bed, make your coffee at 11 a.m. Then maybe do something else on this list?

6. Speaking of coffee...

Make you a big pot of the nectar of the gods and just chill in your own personal coffee house. Maybe put on some relaxing music. Study, read, write, or draw. Do whatever you want. This coffee house is yours to control, and there's no weird sizes of coffee to ask for. *cough* Venti? *cough*

7. Start on that Pinterest project you've been meaning to try

See a cool idea for some jar lights? Or maybe a coffee table made out of wine crates? If you have all the materials you need, what better time to get a good head start than on a gloomy rainy day like today? Get out your best paints or your trusty screw gun and get to work!

8. Invite your significant other over for a nice day in

What couple doesn't enjoy a good night in every once in a while? Well, turn that night in into a whole day. Cuddle up next to them, put on your favorite movie (or her's, gentlemen), and just relax. Maybe you want to cook them a nice meal too. Or just order in. Who said pizza can't be romantic?

9. Regress into childhood and make a couch fort

Oh come on, is this that ridiculous? You can't be some fuddy-duddy who actually grew up completely. Maybe not the couch fort, but think of something you used to do as a kid when you were stuck inside. We got pretty creative when we were bored as kids.

10. Get creative, and enjoy the day!

There are so many things you could do that I couldn't possibly list them all out. And besides, figuring out what to do is just half the fun. And if you live in an area where the weather is as unpredictable as a magic eight ball, AKA Missouri, you may just want to enjoy the rain while it's there.