The 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2016 | The Odyssey Online

The 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2016

From cartoons to thrillers, there is so much coming to theaters.

13
The 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2016

From cartoons to thrillers, there is so much coming to theaters. Here is a list of movies you will want to go check out this year.

1. "The Secret Life Of Pets"

This animated film will be released in theaters on July 8. It is a comedy about the lives of pets and what they do when you're not home. Stars include Louis C.K., Kevin Hart, Lake Bell, Eric Stonestreet, Jenny Slate, Ellie Kemper, Albert Brooks, Bobby Moynihan, and many more.

2. "The Jungle Book"

Disney is bringing to the big screen another live action version of a classic film. Scarlett Johansson, Bill Murray, Idris Alba, and Ben Kingsley voice some of the most memorable and iconic Disney characters. The film was released in theaters on April 15, so go and check it out!

3. "Me Before You"

Based on a book by Jojo Moyes, "Me Before You" tells the story of a young girl named Louisa Clark who, after working at a café for over five years, is forced to get another job as a caretaker for young man named Will Traynor, who is recently paralyzed due to an unfortunate accident. The two form an unlikely bond that changes them both in ways neither could have ever imagined. If at all possible, read the book before you see the movie. It is being released in theaters on June 3.

4. "The Girl On The Train"

This is another movie adapted from a book by Paula Hawkins. "The Girl On The Train" is a psychological thriller that tells the story of a recently divorced woman named Rachel Watson and an ambiguous night that leaves her feeling like something bad had occurred. The film will star Emily Blunt and be coming to the big screen early October of this year.

5. "The BFG"

The film follows Roald Dahl’s classic tale of a young girl named Sophie who finds herself face to face with a giant who unlike other giants is friendly and kind. He is considered an outcast in his world because unlike his peers he refused to eat boys and girls. The film is directed by the wonderful Steven Spielberg and will be coming to theaters on July 1.

6. "Snowden"

Based on the life of Edward Snowden, this film tells the true story of a former CIA employee who became the most wanted man in the world at 29 years old, after he leaked thousands of classified material to the media. The film stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and will be coming to theaters on Dec. 6.

7. "Finding Dory"

After waiting over 10 years, audiences are finally receiving a sequel to the beloved undersea journey. The story is about Nemo and Marlins quest to help reunite Dory with her mother and father. Pixar will release Finding Dory on June 17.

8. "The Shallows"

If you enjoy "Jaws," this is the movie for you! Blake Lively plays a young surfer who is stranded on a giant rock not far from the shore but, can’t return to land because she is being circled by a great white shark. The film will be released on June 24.

9. "Ghostbusters"

We all remember the classic 80’s film that asked audiences “who you gonna call?” With a present-day twist and a strong female leading ghost-busting crew there is no stopping Melissa McCarthy, Kristin Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones from making audiences crack up. The film will be released on July 15!

10. "Suicide Squad"

One of the most anticipated films of the year is this Warner Bros story of supervillians who are recruited by the government for a top-secret mission. Classic characters such as Harley Quinn, Batman, Joker, Enchantress, Deadshot, and many more will make there way on the screen in this action packed escapade. The film is coming to theaters on Aug. 5.