10 Best Food Spots North Shore Kids Miss Most

Welcome to the North Shore of Chicago. It's not the people I miss. It's the food.

205

1. Homers Ice-cream

Homer's is a staple on the North Shore from 6th graders coming from social dance, 4th graders after soccer games or teenagers after a party, it's always packed. There was that time that it was about to go out of business which was absolutely devastating.

2. Food Stuff's Salad

Food stuff's is insanely overpriced but so worth it. Its small store is filled with north shore moms that just went spinning and basic betches. Any girl that wants to be "healthy" goes here. It's amazing, though. 10/10 recommend.

3. Barnaby's Pizza

I had Barnaby's every Friday of my childhood. It's cornmeal crust and pubby vibe is way better than any other pizza place we have. This is the place you go after swim meets in the summer. The only downside is they don't deliver but honestly it's worth it to go pick it up.

4. Happ Inn Sunrise Burger

I'm sorry but yum. If you go to the Happ Inn and don't get this, you are a sad human being. Egg on a burger is always the way to go and the sunrise burger does it well. Yum. That's all I can say.

5. Lou Malnati's Pizza

This is a classic. They had Lou's in my cafeteria. It's the Chicago of pizzas. It's amazing. This is the first thing I get whenever I come home.

6.Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shake

Decadent. That's all I can say. I can't wait for Portillo's to come to Champaign because I need a chocolate cake shake. Like now.

7. Pancake House Chocolate Chippies

The pancake house is the staple breakfast place. The line is always out the door and their food is gooooodddd. The chocolate chippies are always the way to go and if you get the half order, Go home.

8. Cheesy's Mac n' Cheese Grilled Cheese

Ultimate late night food. Cheesies is filled with Northwestern students and teenagers that ubered all the way to Evanston for a grilled cheese. But when they put mac n cheese in the grilled cheese. It's worth the uber bill.

9. Sarki's Bacon Loretta

If you haven't had a bacon loretta... you need to go right now. This is the food that you have after school dances. It's a Sunday staple. It's greasy and you feel like shit after eating it but it's 100% the right decision. Always.

10. Taco Nano

This is the best Mexican food you can get on the north shore. The store is super small and weirdly located but its food is soooo goooddd. Damn. Now I want some tacos.

The pictures speak for themselves. Everyone reading this feel free to send any of the above food items to me at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The End.