10 Finding Dory Quotes That Are Actually Life Lessons

*SPOILERS* Who says that animated Disney movies are just for kids.

4662
ET Online

**WARNING! SPOILERS!**

Disney has outdone themselves once again. Finding Dory, the sequel to Finding Nemo, shares the adventure of Dory remembering and finding her family. As Dory and her friends surpassed all of the obstacles thrown in their way, including her short term memory loss, my heart melted.

Finding Nemo has been my favorite movie ever since it was released in 2003. As soon as I heard that Finding Dory was going to be released in June of 2016, I was ecstatic and worried all at the same time. I was excited to relive a new chapter of my favorite movie, yet worried that it was going to be a letdown. I could not have been more wrong. Finding Dory melted my heart, just as Finding Nemo did in 2003.

As I sat in the theater watching Finding Dory with my Nemo stuffed animal at my side and my eyes leaking tears on occasion (do not judge me), I was constantly surprised with the multitude of life lessons that I was learning from an animated children's movie at the age of nineteen. The animations, bright colors, and humor were absolutely amazing. But the dialogue is what made it truly spectacular. While all of the dialogue was heart warming, there were a few quotes that made me think a little harder about life.

1. “We see the undertow and we say…” ~Dory’s parents
“LET’S GO!” ~Dory

Adventure is necessary. Although Dory was still a baby and the undertow was dangerous, she still was very excited for the possible adventure! I think that all too often we find ourselves at a crossroads; do what is safe and comfortable, or go out and try something new. Our comfort bubbles are great, but sometimes we need to pop it and soar.

2. “We will never forget you, Dory. And we know you will never forget us.” ~Dory’s Mom

There are some people in our lives that are truly unforgettable. Just because distance might separate, does not mean that your heart and your mind will forget... unless you are a fish with short-term memory loss. So, if someone is special to you, keep them close to your heart and never let go.

3. “Dory, Dory…you and I were friends. We talked through the pipes. You are from the open ocean exhibit.” ~Destiny

Friends come and go for a reason. Do you ever find yourself looking through old photographs or a yearbook? Do you ever see someone you used to be good friends with in the store, yet no one says a word? Sometimes I get angry and wish some of my old friends were still in my life, but I have to remind myself that everything happens for a reason. Some of them were good for you at that time and that time only. But sometimes you also get really lucky! Sometimes they will come back in your life and never leave, just like Dory and Destiny.

4. “When something is too hard…..There is always another way.” ~Charlie (Dory’s Dad)

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, leaving you lost, confused, and helpless. But, there is always another way! Someway, somehow it will figure itself out. Just stay calm, breathe, and just think about it. If plan A, B, and Y didn't work, there will be another plan.

5. “Just keep swimming” ~Dory

Your car breaks down? Just keep swimming. You get a bad grade? Just keep swimming. You are late to work? Just keep swimming. We definitely need to start living by these three simple words. Just. Keep. Swimming. No. Matter. What.

6. “No memory, no problems.” ~Hank

Hank was dead set on having no friends and no family, but then he met Dory. Early on, he said, "No memory, no problems." If you don't remember the pain and loss in life, then you don't have to deal with the scars, right? Wrong. Honestly, as much as the past can suck, you will grow as a person. I promise. As much as it might hurt now, you will better from it in the end.

7. “Marlin and Nemo are more than just friends…they are destiny.” ~Dory

The way that Dory met Marlin and Nemo was not ideal, but it worked out in the end. Some things simply happen by destiny. Nothing else needs to be said. Plain and simple.

8. “Darn it..no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t forget you.” ~Dory

This is honestly the most heart-melting, heartbreaking, and heart-stopping lines in the whole movie. Because this line was delivered by a fish that has a poor memory, it is packed with power. Some people are just unforgettable.

9. “The best things happen by chance." ~Dory

Dory found Marlin by running into him. She found Destiny and Bailey by accidentally taking some wrong turns. She found her parents by getting stuck in the undertow. Sometimes we just need to focus on the possible outcomes and not the unwanted and unexpected events that have to happen before. Just take a chance.

10. After following the shells… "it means you can do whatever you put your mind to.” ~Jenny (Dory's Mom)

Dory remembered and accomplished a task, eventually leading to her parents. Sometimes, we just need to take one step at a time and we will get the result we wanted!

Disney, if you choose to make more sequels of our beloved childhood movies, please make them all as amazing as Finding Dory.