10 Country Music Lyrics That Taught Us About Life

Thank you for teaching me life is a roller coaster and to sit back and enjoy the ride

4635
Rebel Rock Ranch

Summer is a time for beach days, cold drinks, windows down, and of course-- country music. Whether it's at the pool, at a festival, or in your room alone, there's nothing quite like cranking the volume up and getting down to a good ole' country song. Whether we realize it or not, most of our lessons learned come while wearing cowboy boots and listening to a great country song. Here are 10 country lyrics that taught us more about life than just having a good time!

1. "I'm gonna learn to dream and I'm gonna dream big." Payton Rae.

Payton Rae's song "Dare To Live" says it all -- take chances and chase your dreams because life is made for us to fulfill all of our wishes.

2. "Yeah life throws you curves, but you learned to swerve." Rascal Flatts.

In this song, Rascal Flatts reminds us that sometimes things don't go the way we planned for them to, but we adapt and continue living our lives no matter what is thrown at us.

3. "But the struggles make you stronger and the changes make you wiser. Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" Gary Allan.

This famous country song is frequently quoted, reminding us that we all experience problems or tough times, and it is through these struggles that we grow and learn. Sometimes, life isn't what we expect, but it's exactly what we need.

4. "Be a best friend, tell the truth, out use I love you." Lee Brice.

Lee Brice's song, "Love Like Crazy," reminds us to be the best version of ourselves by being a good friend, being honest, and always telling those we love how much they matter to us.

5. "God gave me you for the ups and downs. God gave me you for the days of doubt." Blake Shelton.

In this song, Blake Shelton is telling us that people are placed into our lives for a purpose; to be there for support and to help us through times that challenge us. He also reminds us that we need to appreciate these people and cherish their place in our lives.

6. "Sometimes life leads you down a different road. Someday you'll see the reason why there's good in goodbye." Carrie Underwood.

As they always say, when one door closes another one opens. Carrie Underwood tells us in this song that when things change sometimes we are scared of the new; however, we should not be afraid of new opportunities. Sometimes, it's necessary to let go of the familiar so we can allow new, better experiences to present themselves.

7. "I'll see you again, oh this is not where it ends. I'll carry you with me, oh I'll see you again" Carrie Underwood.

To many, this is a song about moving on after the death of a loved one, about wanting to see that person again, and knowing that eventually they will. This song reminds us that even if a person is gone physically, we continue to carry their memory and soul with us forever.

8. "Every storm runs out of rain just like every dark night turns into day." Gary Allan.

In this song, Gary Allan talks about the struggles and bad times that we all inevitably face. However, Allan reminds us that despite the bad times we may be facing, they do not last forever, and eventually, we will see the sun again.

9. "Don't worry 'bout what you don't know, life's a dance, you learn as you go." John Michael Montgomery.

Nobody is born with all the knowledge and experience to be successful. Montgomery reminds us in this song that the only way to learn what you need is to get out there and learn through experience. Just like dancing, it's okay if you stumble and fall, just remember to keep moving.

10. "And know when you stumble, you're never alone." Lady Antebellum.

This song reminds us that when we fail, we are not alone. Often times, other people are struggling at the same time about the same things as we are. More importantly, this song tells us that when we need help, there's always someone there to guide us through a tough time.

Next time you kick back to a country tune, just remember -- not only is country music there when we want to have a good time, but it's also there when we need a gentle reminder that life is going to turn around sooner or later. Country music, thank you for teaching me that life is a roller coaster, and to sit back and enjoy the ride.