Top 10 Best and Worst Stores for Black Friday Shopping | The Odyssey Online

Top 10 Best and Worst Stores for Black Friday Shopping

Don't waste your time. There's important shopping to get done!

344

Thanksgiving is right around the corner which means also means one very important things to many consumers: Black Friday. It has become such a huge event for Americans that some stores are even opening after dinner on Thanksgiving to give customers ample time to get all of their deal searching done. Although there are always crazy deals to score, some stores are open but don't offer discounts that are worth your time. So to save you the time and effort of going to a store just to be disappointed, here are some stores that, on average, offer the best Black Friday deals or just may not be worth your time.

Best Deals

1. Macy's

After you watch their annual Thanksgiving Day parade with the family, Macy's is among the top stores to offer amazing Black Friday stores. Plus, since it's a department store, you can check off most of your shopping list in one place!

2. Target

As if going on a Target run on an average day was bad enough, Target's deals for Black Friday are bound to suck you into buying a new vaccuum, toilet seat cover, or even 20 lb container of cat litter (even if you only own a dog). It's also the ideal place to stock up on DVDs and Blurays for super low prices!

3. Kohl's

I feel as though Kohl's is such an overlooked store when it comes to Black Friday deals. Kohl's offers on average over 50 percent off of normal retail prices on all departments from shoes to jewelry to home goods along with their always amazing deals on women's, men's and children's apparel.

4. Ulta

The sacred beauty destination to many. Ulta always has incredible deals on all types of makeup whether it be drugstore or high-end, but during Black Friday there are also deals on gift sets that can save you a boat load of money for your own makeup collection or for another lucky individual. Don't forget the hair care and fragrance discounts, as well!

5. Kmart

Although it may be harder to find after closing 64 stores nationwide, Kmart hold an average of 50 percent off their items on Black Friday with some of the best deals on electronics when compared to retailers such as Walmart or Best Buy.

6. JcPenney

Offering some of the steepest discounts amongst its competitors on Black Friday, JcPenney covers a wide variety of departments such as jewelry, shoes, men's and women's apparel, and home goods. If you think Macy's deals are to die for, make sure to swing by JcPenney first.

Stores that may not be worth your time

7. Walmart

Oh, yes. The poster child of Black Friday deals, but little do consumers know that they aren't getting the best deals out there. I'm sure there are a couple deals that are hard to beat, but over all, Walmart is not ideal for Black Friday shopping offering a mere 30 percent average off retail price. Plus, who wants to try and beat dozens of people to the electronics section just to get an elbow to the face over the last flatscreen? I know I don't.

8. Best Buy

Similar to Walmart, Best Buy tends to be one of the first stores people think of when dealing with Black Friday deals, but they only offer and average 33 percent off retail price. And don't even get me started on their poor Cyber Monday discounts...

9. Forever 21

No. If you struggle with their lack of organization and endless lines on an average shopping day... Just no.

10. Game Stop

If you're thinking of getting your SO or sibling the newest video game or a killer price, steer clear of Game Stop. Their discounts are nothing compared to Target or Kmart.

If this list has taught you anything, it's to stick with larger stores that cover a wide range of departments to hit almost everyone on your shopping list. Stay safe, have fun and happy shopping!