10 Things To Thank Your Parents For

10 Things To Thank Your Parents For

Here are 10 small things that I always forget to thank you for.

21
10 Things To Thank Your Parents For

College is a time where we discover who we are or who we want to be. There are days where you seriously consider dropping out and living in your parents basement and there are days where you feel like you will be the next CEO of a fortune 500 company. One thing I've learned through these ups and downs is if anyone deserves the biggest thank you, it's my parents.

Here is a list of 10 things to thank your parents for:

1. Thank you for supporting my decisions.

I know there may be things that I've done in the past that you may not agree with, but trust me I have noticed that you still support me. I know throughout this crazy life I am probably going to make a lot of bad decisions, that I will regret, but I know that regardless you will still be there to support me through it all.

2. Thank you for teaching me about life.

When I was little you were the ones who taught me right from wrong, how to tie my shoe, and how to be social. Yes, there are some lessons in life that I will have to learn myself, but without you teaching me the basics on surviving life I know I would be lost.

3. Thank you for Netflix.

College is a time to study, take tests, and learn loads of information, but it is also a time to sit back after a long day and watch Netflix. So thank you so much for paying for Netflix every month! You may not understand how I can sit in bed and watch Friends for hours, but you don't question me. You just know it's important to me, and therefore, it is important to you –– well important enough to pay the bill every month.

4. Thank you for the random phone calls.

I don't know how you do it, but you always seem to know when I need to hear your voice. It must be a parent thing, but whatever it is, I love it. Whether it's a bad day in class or there is some roommate drama you always seem to know exactly what to say and when to call to say it.

5. Thank you for always letting me come home.

I know I haven't officially moved out yet, but I'm gone enough for it to make a difference in our lives. Regardless of how many years pass I know that I can always come home. There are just some weeks where all you want to do is curl up in your own bed or just spend some much needed time with family, so it's nice to know you can always go home.

6. Thank you for telling me no.

As much as I hated hearing it, I know that being told no helped me grow as a person. I'm sure sometimes it wasn't easy to say no to me, but you did it and I'm glad you did. I know I may have acted slightly immature when you said no, and for that I am truly sorry. If only I knew how much hearing that horrible to letter word would help me.

7. Thank you for putting me first.

There are many times where you getting along with each other wasn't always so easy, probably more times than I know, but you never stopped putting me first. Some days I'm sure it was difficult to listen to my 6-year-old problems when you had your own adult problems to worry about, but you still always listened and always cared.

8. Thank you for letting me dream.

Remember those days where I dreamed about life and how tall I was going to be, or how perfectly my future was going to fall into place, thank you for letting me have those dreams. You always listened to my dreams. Even when they were out of reach, you still taught me to reach for the stars and that I could do whatever I set my mind on.

9. Thank you for showing me the world.

Even if it was just a drive to the beach, thank you for the journey and the experience. Thank you for all the short and long vacations. Those trips showed me the importance of family, and the beauty of the world.

10. Thank you for loving me.

I know sometimes I'm not the easiest person to be around. I have my highs and lows, my smiles and tears, my anger and my happiness, but through all the mood swings you still love me. You don't just love me because it's your job as a parent, but you truly love me, which is something I know I overlook a lot.

So Mom and Dad, thank you for everything you do!