6 Places To Visit In Wilmington As A 'One Tree Hill' Fan

The hottest spots in Tree Hill.

61784
Cameron Ford

If you have fallen absolutely in love with the beautiful emotional roller coaster that is "One Tree Hill," you definitely have to visit Wilmington, N.C., at some point. The TV show was filmed in Wilmington from 2003 until 2011, and it's worth making the trip to Wilmington (also known as Tree Hill) to see some of the filming locations in person.

During my recent visit to Wilmington, my boyfriend (who was not nearly as excited as I was) and I got to see Lucas Scott's, Peyton Sawyer's and Brooke Davis' houses, as well as other landmarks from the series.

There are so many amazing things about Wilmington; it's a really beautiful city. And as a "One Tree Hill" fan, it holds a very special place in your heart, so when you visit, make sure you visit these locations!

1. Lucas and Karen Scott's house

This was our first stop on our self-guided "Tree Hill" tour, and when we got here I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. Like, holy cow I was standing in front of Lucas Scott's house!

The smaller door on the right side of the house is the one that led to Lucas' bedroom on the show, where you never knew who would be waiting outside the door. Brooke? Peyton? Lindsey?

The front porch is where Lucas and his mother, Karen, shared many talks and memorable moments.

This house is located at 1829 Wrightsville Ave. It did have a sign saying that it is protected by an alarm system, so I couldn't build up the courage to sit on the front steps for a picture, but, of course, I got one standing in front of the house.

2. Peyton Sawyer's house

Only about a 10-minute drive away is Peyton Sawyer's house. This is another iconic location from the series and is probably best known for Peyton's red bedroom and her bedroom window where Psycho Derek fell through.

As you can see from the basketball hoop outside the house, this one is now occupied (unfortunately not by P. Sawyer and her dad). While my boyfriend was taking a picture of me in front of the house, a guy drove by with his window down and says, "That's not actually the house; it just looks a lot like it!"

SEE ALSO: 30 Signs You Are A Hardcore TV Fan

I guess he saw the panic and disbelief on my face and then he said again, "No, I'm kidding!" as he laughed and drove away. I guess locals get a kick out of us crazy "OTH" fans posing for countless pictures in front of the characters' houses. No shame.

The address of Peyton's house is 1901 Chestnut St., and look out for locals trying to play tricks on you.

3. Brooke Davis' house

I mean, need I say more?

In the early series of "One Tree Hill," before the cast grew up on us, Brooke Davis was the hot, rich, lovable cheerleader, and we all, at some point, envied that mansion of hers.

Trust me, it's even more perfect in person.

When we pulled up at the house, two guys were there doing yard work, but, of course, it didn't stop me from taking pictures of it. This house is also occupied now (check out their cute monogram on the door), and I am sure they are more than accustomed to girls posing for pictures with and taking pictures of their home.

This house is definitely a must-see, since we all loved "The Girl Behind the Red Door," a.k.a. Brooke Davis.

Brooke's house is located at 2314 Tattersalls Dr., and the only thing that could have made it more perfect would have been seeing her hot neighbor Felix next door. Maybe next time.

4. The Riverwalk

There are so many memorable scenes that were filmed on the Wilmington Riverwalk, which runs along the Cape Fear River.

Nathan and Haley had several dates where they spent evenings walking alongside the river, and Lucas also hung out at the Riverwalk with Brooke and Peyton (but not at the same time, of course).

As you are walking down the Riverwalk, you will come to several small wooden tables, which brings me to my next location...

SEE ALSO:15 Times One Tree Hill Made Our Hearts Stop

5. The Cracker Jack table

Yep, we all remember that sweet scene when Nathan was first trying to win Haley's heart, and he gave her the charm bracelet from his Cracker Jack bag.

Just seeing this image probably still melts your heart, right? Yeah, me too.

Anyway, now there are lots of these tables along the water on the Riverwalk, so my boyfriend and I just sat down at one, and I chose to believe that it was the table where Nathan and Haley sat on their first "date."

Turns out, a tour guide who was doing an official guided "One Tree Hill" tour, came up to us and told us that we were in fact sitting at the table where Nathan gave Haley the bracelet and uttered the famous line, "Don't say I never gave you anything." Day. Made.

6. Poodle's Island Wear

I know the name doesn't ring a bell, but this little clothing store is located almost directly beside the Cracker Jack table, at 18 S. Water St. #3, and they have "One Tree Hill" merchandise.

It's amazing. They carry Clothes Over Bros tees, Keith Scott Body Shop hoodies, Nathan Scott jerseys, Tree Hill Ravens ball caps, you name it.

Yes, this is real life.

When you go to Wilmington, your trip isn't complete until you purchase some "OTH" clothing. This store is a must.

I don't know how I made it out with money left in my checking account.

As a "One Tree Hill" fangirl, all of these locations lived up to my expectations and then some. There is nothing like seeing and being at the locations where your favorite TV series was filmed. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with pretending to be Brooke Davis while you're there.

I hope you find this information useful when you visit Tree Hill! Don't say I never gave you anything.