20 Bucket List Necessities for Fall

20 Bucket List Necessities for Fall

There's absolutely nothing that makes us happier than color-changing leaves, pumpkin-spice everything and wait for it - sweater weather. Just saying the word "Fall" makes us giddy.

137
20 Bucket List Necessities for Fall

With only three months of perfect weather, we may feel overwhelmed by the number of activities we want to do and how little time we have to do them. There are simply too many piles of leaves to jump in, pumpkin-flavored desserts to bake and fresh apples to pick. 

As with anything, lists help keep us organized and on-task. So, here is a bucket list of things to do this Fall:

1. Get that first pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and hear a choir of angels singing in your ear. Basically, pumkin-spice anything makes the world go 'round.

2. Embrace the first day of sweater weather. Go all out on this one. Pair that oversized sweater with your favorite pair of leggings, your newly-polished boots and a cute printed scarf. If only every day could be like this...

3. Get a fresh manicure complete with "Fall color" nail polish. With Fall comes the returns of the greys, the dark reds and purples, the navys and the army greens. Neutrals are our friend.

4. Have that first sip of fresh apple cider. Whether you like it hot or cold, you cannot deny that this beverage is one of the greatest joys of Fall. Pair it with an apple cider doughnut for ultimate joy. 

5.Go apple picking! There's nothing more satisfying than jumping really high to grab that perfect apple and taking that first bite. Plus, there are a million and one ways to use apples - pie, sauce, crumble, etc.

6. Carve a pumpkin. I'll admit, this is something I only started doing last year because I am the laziest of the lazies. However, its actually really fun! And even better, its not hard to do at all with the right carving knife. 

7. Have a bonfire with friends. This is something you can do when it gets a little colder out, but nothing says "Fall" like a late-night bonfire with your closest friends and your fuzziest blankets. Gather 'round and spill the latest gossip!

8.Decorate your apartment with Fall-scented candles. I know not all of us are into scented candles and girly things like that, but stores like Bath and Body Works really nail the Fall season when it comes to candles. You can totally have access to all of your favorite fall scents anytime you want to - apple or pumpkin-anything, caramel corn, crisp autumn leaves, you name it. 

9. Go on a hay ride. Some people, including myself, are allergic to hay, so unfortunately I don't know what this is actually like. However, I've been on a horse and buggy right in NYC, so it's basically the same thing right?!

10. Play in a big, heaping pile of leaves. This is a popular activity because it brings out the inner kid in all of us. It's like nature's trampoline. However, beware of dog pee and ticks, people. 

11.Have a picnic outside. Fall weather is the best, most comfortable weather. Thus, maximize your time outside while you can! Grab thermos full of tea and slap together some sandwiches for the perfect afternoon meal.

12. Make smores! Take advantage of that bonfire from Item #7 and make the crowd-pleasing dessert. They're almost as fun to make as they are to eat. It's always exciting to see who succeeds in toasting the marshmallow and whose marshmallow catches fire. Ugh, amateurs.

13. Photograph Fall foliage. I'm super into photography and Instagram, so this is one of my personal favorites. Go to a local park or garden in your area and just look up! Watching the leaves change colors is one of fall's simplest joys. 50 shades of autumn, though.

14.Attend a Fall festival or farmer's market. This time of year, there are tons of local festivals held. Keep an eye out, especially for local beerfests in honor of Oktoberfest, which is held in Europe!

15.Go Halloween-costume shopping! It's funny to see how this has changed over the years. I miss the days of raiding Party City with my mom, staring at the costume wall for hours. Now, "lets-find-a-way-to-dress-up-in-as-minimal-clothes-as-possible" is the name of the game. 

16. Throw a Halloween party. There are so many fun alcoholic Halloween desserts to make for your guests, such as candy corn-colored jello shots or gummy fingers soaked in vodka. They'll be impressed by your creativity.

17.Go to a haunted house/watch Halloween-themed movies in pajamas. I decided to pair these two together because not everyone has the courage to actually brave a haunted house. If you're like me, you'd rather confront fear from your couch, surrounded by the comfort of your closest friends. No shame in that.

18.Binge eat candy. More important that costumes, Halloween is about candy, right? So, it's perfectly acceptable to "buy candy for your trick-or-treat-ers," also known as, "i'm gonna sit on my couch and eat this all alone, while watching Netflix." Amen.

19.Attend a football tailgate. Even if football isn't your thing, you should take advantage of football season tailgates. For some reason, drinking in parking lots is super trendy and fun. So do it! Even if you don't intend on going to the game you're tailgating for...

20.Fall photoshoot with your best friends. Fall is beautiful, so take some fun photos of you and your beautiful friends with nature as your backdrop! Whether they're posed, candid, or pretending to be candid and are actually posed, your photos will look super cute in your apartment and on your wall.