The Average Week Of A College Student As Told By Ben And Jerry's Flavors

I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream

48

Going to college is a lot like being sucked into a vortex of never-ending déjà vu. Every week starts out with a bout of confidence where you're completely organized, awake, and ready-to-go and by the middle of the week you've fallen into the slump. The stresses of multiple homework assignments, group projects, and exams have defeated you yet again and now all you can think about is the weekend. And repeat. But little did we know, our pals over at Ben and Jerry's (which coincidentally just so happen to make the very treat that can cure any long day) have found the perfect words to describe this weekly cycle. And yes, I'm talking about that print on those little pints of happiness.

Monday Morning

It's the beginning of the week. Sure, your alarm went off a little earlier than you would have liked it to, but you have your cup of coffee in hand and you can conquer whatever this week throws at you.

Monday Night

Your momentum has at least allowed you to survive the day unscathed and you even get a little extra homework done than you expected to in true Teacher's Pet style.

Tuesday Afternoon

You wake up with a similar sense of confidence that you had the day prior, that is, until you get to class. You instantly realize that retaining information all the way from last Thursday is a bit of a struggle and you instantly regret your choice to skim through the chapter instead of write real notes.

Tuesday Night

You're starting to realize that you're stretched a little too thin. You had that club meeting earlier and that much needed coffee date with your gal pal and now you have 200 pages of reading and a fast-approaching bedtime. But hey, nothing a little snack can't fix.

Wednesday Morning

You wake up and you're not entirely sure what day of the week it is, but you know it's not Friday yet which is all that matters. You stayed up a little late multi-tasking by trying to complete your calculus homework while getting in a few more episodes of Friends. You might be a few minutes late to your first class, but you're still alive.

Wednesday Night

You're starting to question everything. Is college even worth it? Are you ever going to apply chemistry to your adult life? Is your insanity fully intact? The answers are no.

Thursday Morning

After last night's crisis, you're left reeling a little bit. But somehow, your body managed to crawl out of bed, you made yourself partly resemble a human, and you're on your way to half-ass your day. The weekend is in sight.

Thursday Night

Your mind is absolutely fried. You can barely even get a sentence out in perfect English let alone finish your assignment on Hamlet. But you know that you only have one day left, so you take a deep breath, you relax a little bit, and you push through the haze.

Friday Afternoon

You made it. You doubted yourself for a second there, but you made it. And now all you have to worry about is which playlist you're going to listen to in order to pump you up for the fun night ahead.

Friday Night

You did your hair and makeup and the time has come that you've been waiting for all week. You've got your girlfriends, your female power ballads, your Insta-worthy pictures, and a warmth in your stomach. But then you arrive at your final destination just to be greeted by sweaty boys and an overly-crowded basement... but who cares? You probably won't remember it.

Saturday Morning

You wake up and a miracle happens, no hangover. You firmly believe that you have all the time in the world to complete your homework for the weekend, so you decide to ignore every responsibility in order to catch up on the current season of Teen Wolf or to take a four hour nap.

Saturday Night

Round two, let's go. You're not going to let one of your only nights that doesn't involve class the next day go to waste.

Sunday Afternoon

Your body is sore, your head is pounding, you slept in way passed noon, and there is an empty pizza box in your trash can that you don't remember eating. You barely feel human, but you have the whole day to recuperate, right?

Sunday Night

Wrong. Every little thing you decided to put off comes crashing down on you. Your relaxing day filled with chocolate, naps and Netflix turns into a day of homework, expletives, and late assignments. Oh well, at least tomorrow is a clean slate.