10 Words That Change In College

10 Words That Change In College

48
10 Words That Change In College

1. Sisters 

Old Definition: Siblings.  

New Definition: If you’re involved in Greek life, this is a girl whom you may have only known for a few weeks or may have never even met who's in the same sorority, but you're once initiated, she becomes your life-long sister. 

2. Going out 
Old Definition: Nothing more fun than to hit up the local bowling alley or movie theatre with some friends on a Friday night -but before you’re curfew of 12, of course. 

New Definition: Usually entails bar hopping, frat hopping, or clubbing. The best part, you can stay out as late as you want, go wherever you want, and whatever day you want. 

3. Dressing Up

Old Definition: Occasionally you'd wear your best clothes, curl your hair, and do your best makeup for school.
New Definition: Bumming it to class is the new trend, especially with those 8ams.

4. Thursdays Old Definition: Typical day of the week.

New Definition: Class on Friday? Who cares! Thirsty thursdays are real and alive in college. 

5. Halloween  Old Definition: Try and see how long you can pass for a little kid to go trick-or-treating. 

New Definition: One of the craziest and most anticipated nights, where people put as much effort into their costumes as their school work. 

6. Test

Old Definition: Given almost every week with all multiple choice for the most part.  

New Definition: The scariest and most stressful part of a class considering you only get around 3 a semester to gauge your grade off of. 

7. Studying

Old Definition: A good thirty minutes of reviewing notes, and you should be fine. 

New Definition: Endless hours in the library of intense studying, and you still feel unprepared.

8. "A"

Old Definition: An average grade for most students.  

New Definition: Hours of slaving away, attending every lecture, and studying relentlessly and you’re still considered extremely lucky to ace a test. 

9. Facebook  Old Definition: An ancient social media device that you intentionally avoided considering you were Facebook friends with your entire family.  

New Definition: A breathe of life revitalizes Facebook once you hit college. It becomes the place of showing off how much fun you're having to high school friends.  

10. Gaining WeightOld Definition: You would complain about gaining a few pounds to your friends, and a diet simply meant switching your 8-count fried Chick-Fil-A nugget meal to the grilled nuggets with a diet coke instead.  

New Definition: Freshman 15 and sophomore 30 become realer than ever. With constant snacking because for some reason college makes you have the stomach of an elephant, you will grab any and every food in sight. Gaining weight is almost inevitable, and this time, its not just one or two pounds.