Trendy Has No Chains

Trendy Has No Chains

No chain stores, that is.

2
Trendy Has No Chains

There’s always that one girl who simultaneously looks like she just crawled out of bed and as if she strutted straight off the runway. She’s that one girl who has the most effortlessly chic outfits and flawlessly messy hair. This girl is just so...trendy. You spend hours in front of the mirror attempting to recreate that part-rat’s nest, part-dread hairstyle, but no matter how hobo-esque your $180 Free People dress looks, you just can’t seem to capture the same flare as her.

Supporting small businesses is the best way to amp up your trendy factor because you can find pieces that no one else has. Most of the time, the businesses are more than welcome to customize your order, cater to your needs and have really awesome stories behind them.

Some cool, small businesses to check out are:     

1.  A Minor Hope This online shop started with two sorority sisters who decided to combine their love of art and Christ to create handmade journals and ceramic mugs. Since then, they’ve expanded to t-shirts, one-of-a-kind canvas paintings and headbands. Check them out at www.aminorhope.com.

2.  SoulPepper Designs A mother and daughter own and operate this boho jewelry and accessories business. Each piece is handmade and unique, with a California flare. You can take a look at the rings, necklaces, bracelets and more on their website, www.soulpepperdesigns.com.

3. Shop Boho Gal  Inspired by the owner’s travels all across the globe, this small business creates jewelry with an earthy feel. All pieces are crafted with materials from Bali and India, and have a middle-eastern vibe that is seriously too rad. Find them at www.boho-gal.com.

4.  ColbyJuneJewelry Colby June runs her Etsy shop right outside of Apsen, Colorado and specializes in, “organic and simple jewelry designs.” Sweet and delicate, her pieces can be layered or worn alone. They are inspired by the wilderness, with branches being a popular theme within the collections. Learn more at www.etsy.com/shop/ColbyJuneJewelry.

5.  Philanthropy With three locations currently and hopefully more on the way, this boutique not only carries super cool clothing, shoes, and accessories, but also they have an admirable cause. This shop has pledged to donate at least 10% of all profits to various charitable organizations. Centered in charity and Christ, the store even has a prayer wall in the back, where customers can leave a prayer request, as well as take one to send prayers to those who may need it. You can see more of their fashionable clothing (as well as learn more about the charities they contribute to) at  www.philanthropyfashion.com.