Admit It, These Disney Moments Made You Cry

I asked a group of sorority women which Disney moments were the most tear-jerking, and this is what I came up with.

169

Lets face it, we all love Disney. It doesn't matter if you are 2, 22, or 92, Disney movies will always be one of the things you cherish most from your childhood. The Disney movies we watched when we were young, and even now, taught us many life-lessons. Disney taught us about happiness, love, loss, family, friendship, overcoming adversity, to be true to ourselves, to persevere, that true beauty comes from within, and to never give up on our dreams. These heartfelt "kid movies" even brought tears to our eyes so many times because of the emotions they contain. After watching Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' the other day, I decided to make a list of all the Disney moments that have made people cry. I asked a group of sorority girls what moments were the most tear-jerking for them, and this is what I came up with! (P.S. Grab your tissues NOW!)

1. Carl and Ellie's Relationship – 'Up!'

The first part of the movie 'Up!' when it goes through the relationship of Carl and Ellie, is the most tear-jerking moment in Disney history. This moment is so heart-felt and makes us reflect upon our relationships with our loved ones. Every Disney fan wants a relationship like Carl and Ellie!

2. The Death of Mufasa – "The Lion King"

Mufasa's death might be one of the saddest moments of many Disney-lovers' childhoods. When Scar thrusts Mufasa into the stampede below, our hearts are filled with anger towards Mufasa's evil brother. The saddest moment, however, is when poor little Simba realizes that his dad is no longer alive. Just the little clip above makes me weak. Seriously, Disney, why would you do this to my 5-year-old self?

3. Andy Leaving for College – "Toy Story 3"

All college students can relate to this sad moment. The whole movie "Toy Story 3" makes me cry every time. Watching Andy grow up and leave home reminded me of having to leave my parents for college. This clip makes me think of every little thing I left behind, even my favorite toy. This isn't the only sad part of the movie, but its definitely the one that hit the closest to home.

4. The Death of Bambi's Mom – "Bambi"

"Bambi" was my favorite movie growing up. Every time Thumper tapped his foot, I would scream to my mom, "Momma, Thumper is thumping!" This sweet Disney classic has one moment that is terribly sad. As Bambi and his mother run through the woods avoiding a hunter, Bambi makes it to safety. The moment Bambi gets to a safe place, he pokes his head out to find his mother is missing. The look on little Bambi's face will bring tears to the eyes of anyone who has a heart.

5. Bing Bong Sacrifices Himself for Riley – "Inside Out"

"Inside Out" is Disney's newest animated film. I haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet; however, I have been told that I will definitely need tissues for one of the clips in the movie. I don't want to give anything away, so I'm not going to spoil it for you. Lets just agree to take some tissues to the theater when we watch this.

6. Dumbo's Mom Cradling Him from Inside the Cage – "Dumbo"

Dumbo was bullied and had no friends because he was different than everyone else. His mom was caged and labeled "Mad Elephant" because she defended her son. This is so heartfelt because even though Dumbo's mom, the only person who cares for him, is locked away, she still cradles him in her trunk. It is so emotional when Dumbo's mood changes just by the love given to him from his mother.

7. Tadashi Dies – "Big Hero 6"

I've never seen "Big Hero 6", but when I asked a group of sorority girls about Disney's saddest moments, this was one of the top ranked. Tadashi, the older brother in 'Big Hero 6', dies in an explosion when attempting to rescue a professor. I watched the clip on YouTube, and it was so heroic and sad at the same time.

8. Tod Being Left in the Woods – "Fox and the Hound"

If you know me, you know I am an animal lover. I love my yorkie Abel like he is my child. It has been a while since I watched the 'Fox and the Hound,' so I decided to re-watch the clip on this one. I CRIED LIKE A BABY! The words spoken by the old lady in the movie as she drives away with Todd the fox to leave him behind gave me chills. Call me crazy, but this is probably the MOST tear-jerking Disney moment ever. A person's love for their pet is truly unlike any other.

9. Ohana Means Family, Family Means No One Gets Left Behind – "Lilo and Stitch"

This Disney quote is one of the best in Disney history. The sweet moment when Stitch proclaims that Lilo and Nani are his family is so sincere. This really hits home to those who are/were seeking a place to fit in when they watch this movie.

10. Cinderella's Stepsisters Are Mean to Her – "Cinderella"

Cinderella's stepsisters are meanies! I don't know about you, but it made me sad to see the way they treated Cinderella when I watched the movie as a kid. Let's just say these two would never get a bid!

Other Disney moments that made us cry: Nemo getting caught in the net, Meg sacrificing herself for Hercules, the hound dog getting hit by the car in "Lady and the Tramp," Oliver sitting in his cardboard box in the rain, King Triton turning Ariel into a human, Beast seeing Belle come back, 'Monster's Inc' when they say bye to Boo, Flynn dying in Rapunzel's arms, when the parents die in "Frozen," Rapunzel being reunited with her parents, John Smith leaving in "Pocahontas," Anna getting frozen in "Frozen," Ray and Evangeline in 'The Princess and the Frog,' and Tarzan realizing he is different.

We will never understand why Disney wants to make us cry, but we will always love Disney movies!