I Didn't Choose The Srat Life. The Srat Life Chose Me.

3 Types of Srat Star.

52

There are a lot of stereotypes that come along with being in a sorority. Most people think of Elle Woods or maybe the Zetas from The House Bunny. Whatever their first thought may be, many don’t think of my personal favorite: The Srat Star.

The Srat Star is the life of the party because she always knows where it is. She is the classier equivalent of her male counterpart, the Frat Star. She can hang with the guys and they respect her for that.

She is not to be confused with The Sorostitute. This girl has goals, ambitions and self-respect. She just knows when it’s time to put down the books and get the weekend started.

There are 3 variations:

1. The Sporty Srat Star

She’s cool, chill, and knows a thing or two about almost every sport. You can probably find her glued to the TV, decked out in her team’s gear, and killing a large pizza. She may or may not be accompanied by her male BFFs, but she will most definitely be the only girl partaking in this event. She’s the envy of all of her friends because the hottest guys like her, but know they’d never stand a chance because she knows too much about them…and sports. Duh. This is the girl you want to be best friends with because she’ll always have your back if you ever need a date for anything. 

2. The Sratty Srat Star
This girl is dressed in Lilly, J. Crew, Vineyard Vines, or any other preppy, bright brand. She’s bubbly, crafty, and can make a mean meal from scratch. She rocks the Srat Uniform (norts, oversized tee, crew socks, etc) on her way to class, but completes the look with a backwards hat and Ray Bans. The Sratty Srat Star is the girl guys want to take to formal because they know her cooler will be the envy of all of his friends and also because he knows she’ll be able to hold her own, drink beers with the guys, and keep it together so they can make the best of their weekend. This girl probably owns a bedazzled funnel, bubba keg, and flask. Sratty Srat Stars know how to have the best of both worlds. 

3. The Hip(ster) Srat Star
Wait, what? Yes, I went there. This girl is very urban. She has no care in the world. She’s the girl you wouldn’t expect to see in letters and rarely ever do. She’s traveled the entire world and can be found at your local farmer’s market. Like her other Srat Star friends, guys love her because she’s just so mysterious and awesome. The Hip Srat Star always looks the best at parties, takes the coolest Insta pics and loves making friends with strangers and their pets. She’ll probably show up to the party late and with a beer you’ve never heard of, but the party definitely doesn’t start before she’s arrived.

All Greek students receive the “ultimate college experience,” but Srat Stars really make the most of their four years. They meet the most people because they’re always down to shotgun. They get invited back to functions because they’re the perfect date. If you ever make the acquaintance of any of these mentioned types of Srat Stars, shake her hand and ask her for tips. You won’t be sorry.